Really confused re medication

Tina2

Hi i am sorry if this is on the wrong board.
I am on 4 Metformin tablets daily i have never felt so bad as i do since going on them,, i was hoping things wold settle but today feel even worse i have such bad indigestion the taste is making me sick, i have felt sleepy all day i don't want to eat but have had small amounts so i could take the tablets, i have taken my BS tonight after tea and it has dropped to 4.5 from the lowest apart from when i go hypo was around 9.7 i am so confused and getting so upset with myself can i ask if others have these effects? sorry to be a bit of a worrier,
Thanks for reading Tina :oops:

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
Metformin can affect some peoples stomachs badly so if your indigestion is that acute you should tell your GP asap

C

catherinecherub

Hi tina,
If the metformin is causing you so many problems please go back to your G.P. and see if he will prescribe the slow release metformin, (Glucophage). These are much kinder on your digestive system and can improve things for you. The stress you are under at the moment will not help to improve your blood sugar levels but will make them erratic.
Catherine.

Tina2

Thank you so much for replies i will phone and speak to my doctor as feeling so off color is making me so moody ..
Thanks again.
Tina x

andy_hull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi

i am a new t2, i was put on 2*500mg twice a day, however my diabetic nurse told me to only take 1 a day for the 1st week then increase it by 1 more tablet a week until i got to 4 a day. I still had gastro problems (runs & acid) but it has now settled down.

andy