1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

REALLY NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Lucyturner, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Lucyturner

Lucyturner · Well-Known Member

Please is there anyone online tonight to talk I am going through a really bad few days, I have been ill and so I have not been sleeping properly this is causing my epilepsy to flair up and my blood sugars to go insane. I have been really hungry but I am craving food that is not doing me any good. I am eating rubbish and then feeling unbelievably guilty and wanting to make myself sick. I was hoping I was past this phase but I've just had my tea which was a Chinese takeaway and even though I felt full I wanted some ice cream and had some chocolate with it. Now I feel very sick and want to make myself sick so that I don't have to feel guilty.

2. louch1

louch1 · Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about your rough time .
    I am quite a newbie to all if this I only found out in October I was type 2 diabetic.
    Just take a day at a time and just learn from each moment. Hope this helps . :)

3. Daibell

Daibell LADA · Master

Hi and welcome. I can only suggest gradually replacing foods you know are bad with those that are better. For example there are some Chinese foods that are less carby than others so next time be selective. Have low-sugar yogurt rather than ice-cream and 85% dark chocolate and so on. So you can still have varied and tasty foods but choose them rather than just having what the food manufacturers would like to dump on you 'cos it's full of sugar and profitable

4. jack412

jack412 Type 2 · Expert

have a read about ketogenic LCHF coconut oil [mct] and epilepsy and of course it's good for BG
    https://www.google.com.au/#q=mct ketogenic diet epilepsy

http://www.epilepsy.com/article/2007/8/mct-diet

ketogenic
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkQYZ6FbsmI
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KYYnEAYCGk

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook