Really?? Sorry, A Rant....

Phoenix55

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Please remember that we are all 'volunteers' and sometimes work and life gets in the way of those of us who 'have had the illness for years' giving help to newbies. I pick up the threads where I think I may contribute something useful, but for someone who is diet controlled to think they may help someone who is on insulin would be presumptive. If you are insulin controlled type 2 then you have had the disease for years but it may be more appropriate for people who have type 1 to answer some of your questions. Please remember you will only get something positive out of any organisation if you have put some time into it first.
The OP link to nhs England website has clearly had an effect. The picture has been changed. (cheers loudly) I looked at the videos and the emphasis is still very much on 'healthy diet' and exercise being the answer for all T2 diabetics. If my DN idea of a healthy diet is anything to go by I would be in double figures regularly and on increasing medication. :(I suppose small steps are the answer, at least the picture has changed, diet advice may take a little longer. :)

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Hi all

My apologies, perhaps I can clarify...

The original picture was as @bulkbiker said, a picture of two nicely rounded people running (with weights, but we wont go there right now). On the original page there was also an article about NHS staff members moderating they way they speak about diabetes to diabetic patients; that they should not speak about diabetes in a negative way, as the complications (we have all been threatened with for years) are (in fact) not inevitable.

I contacted NHSE at the time about the picture and they said that they have removed it. My confusion (and fury) was that NHSE declared that diabetes should be discussed in a positive manner by NHS staff, yet they thought is was acceptable to have the image they did at the start of the page.

There are still many links to the guidance to NHS staff, saying that their language should be moderated. (Not about moderating language on the forums)

hope this helps x

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
@Grumpy ole thing Read my post as i'm thinking of ridding myself of this forum because of what you have posted..Your a winner in my books. I haven't had much support anyway, but the little i have had i am sooo very grateful for.

Hi @Moggely , I hope the above clarifies for you, please don't leave the forum due to a misunderstanding. If you would like further information please let me know :sorry:

Last edited:
Reactions: AloeSvea

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Please remember that we are all 'volunteers' and sometimes work and life gets in the way of those of us who 'have had the illness for years' giving help to newbies. I pick up the threads where I think I may contribute something useful, but for someone who is diet controlled to think they may help someone who is on insulin would be presumptive. If you are insulin controlled type 2 then you have had the disease for years but it may be more appropriate for people who have type 1 to answer some of your questions. Please remember you will only get something positive out of any organisation if you have put some time into it first.
The OP link to nhs England website has clearly had an effect. The picture has been changed. (cheers loudly) I looked at the videos and the emphasis is still very much on 'healthy diet' and exercise being the answer for all T2 diabetics. If my DN idea of a healthy diet is anything to go by I would be in double figures regularly and on increasing medication. :(I suppose small steps are the answer, at least the picture has changed, diet advice may take a little longer. :)
@Phoenix55 I completely agree with your comments, but would like to give further insight to the complications of answering posts. There must be many long-standing Type 1s who read them and, like myself, hesitate to answer. In 54 years LCHF played no part in my treatment and that automatically limits my possible assistance, especially since the majority of new posts are asking for specifc advice. Even though this excellent forum has a huge membership, it is interesting to see how often a specific problem can be tagged to very few. I think we are close to the position all GP's are in - "They must know everything."

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Hi all

My apologies, perhaps I can clarify...

The original picture was as @bulkbiker said, a picture of two nicely rounded people running (with weights, but we wont go there right now). On the original page there was also an article about NHS staff members moderating they way they speak about diabetes to diabetic patients; that they should not speak about diabetes in a negative way, as the complications (we have all been threatened with for years) are (in fact) not inevitable.

I contacted NHSE at the time about the picture and they said that they have removed it. My confusion (and fury) was that NHSE declared that diabetes should be discussed in a positive manner by NHS staff, yet they thought is was acceptable to have the image they did at the start of the page.

There are still many links to the guidance to NHS staff, saying that their language should be moderated. (Not about moderating language on the forums)

hope this helps x

Thanks for the clarification. I blame the heatwave :facepalm: