Really?? Sorry, A Rant....

Grumpy ole thing

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
discovering you cant actually turn the stairs round, or move the roof...
Email response received today...not this department...please contact...etc
So I managed to find the forward button and forwarded the email thank you NHSE for your assistance..grrrROAR
*listens to the secret little voices singing let it go....:singing:

M

Moggely

I personally think it's a little much with the moderation thing. I actually used the word HELL and was dismissed... Please.. That"s a little over the top. My personal opinion only. Also i have never been someone that swears or disrespected anyone in my life. I am 64...Also a little sick of this politic correct business and just means to me you have to make everyone feel good. Feel free to get rid of me.:)

M

Moggely

Oh i meant to add until they do get rid of me i will always speak my mind. The people in here, that have been in here probably for years don't appear to me very helpful of us new people. I have seen many newbie's comment totally ignored. Once again just my opinion.:banghead:

Reactions: MrGrumpyD

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
I personally think it's a little much with the moderation thing. I actually used the word HELL and was dismissed... Please.. That"s a little over the top. My personal opinion only. Also i have never been someone that swears or disrespected anyone in my life. I am 64...Also a little sick of this politic correct business and just means to me you have to make everyone feel good. Feel free to get rid of me.:)
No @Moggely, Finding the right word to expres emotion is difficult enough without having swearing 'excommunicated". I have resolved myself to using a Thesaurus to find a slightly less objectionable word whilst skating the rim of the sin bin as it were !!

Reactions: Grumpy ole thing
M

Moggely

Sorry Kitedoc i didn't see any swearing so really...ease up will you. Give some people a break you have had this illness for years some like me only a few months.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Oh i meant to add until they do get rid of me i will always speak my mind. The people in here, that have been in here probably for years don't appear to me very helpful of us new people. I have seen many newbie's comment totally ignored. Once again just my opinion.:banghead:
You are entitled to an opinion and to highlight what you perceive as a deficiency, drawback or fault.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Oh i meant to add until they do get rid of me i will always speak my mind. The people in here, that have been in here probably for years don't appear to me very helpful of us new peoplea ave seen many newbie's comment totally ignored. Once again just my opinion.:banghead:

All the moderators are volunteer staff members, they give of their time and effort freely. Members are free to give of their time or not and the same applies to advice and support. There is no obligation wrt membership that requires that particular members (no matter how long or short their membership has been) answer all and every query. I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of support you have received. As to language moderation this has to be viewed with a nod to being even handed with an atmosphere that doesn't descend to that seen on other social media platforms.
With regard to moderation on this particular thread, perhaps you did not see the image in question and the reason for that moderation has not become clear, yet. There is a reason that the forum has rules and these are by no means arbitrary.

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it's just the software editing some bad language, nothing to do with moderators. I had a word replaced with stars recently and I know it was edited within a second of posting so it definitely wasn't a mod doing this, just the computer saying 'no' lol. A mod would usually send a note saying what had been amended and why.

M

Moggely

All the moderators are volunteer staff members, they give of their time and effort freely. Members are free to give of their time or not and the same applies to advice and support. There is no obligation wrt membership that requires that particular members (no matter how long or short their membership has been) answer all and every query. I am sorry to hear that you are disappointed with the level of support you have received. As to language moderation this has to be viewed with a nod to being even handed with an atmosphere that doesn't descend to that seen on other social media platforms.
With regard to moderation on this particular thread, perhaps you did not see the image in question and the reason for that moderation has not become clear, yet. There is a reason that the forum has rules and these are by no means arbitrary.
@Guzzler i simply used the word hell????. But thank you for your support because, besides you, there were few others except in the forum( what are you blood glucose levels) They are humble people. Perhaps everyone could learn from them.:)

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
@Guzzler i simply used the word hell????. But thank you for your supporcommitments use, besides you, there were few otherI'msureexcept in the forum( what are you blood glucose levels) They are humble people. Perhaps everyone could learn from them.:)

We are all different, some I'm sure would love to spend more time supporting those people who are newly diagnosed but life, family and work committments means that time is limited. My blood glucose levels, all things considered, are doing fine.
I think you've hit the nail on the head in saying we can all learn from each other, one way or another. Stick around and soon you will be the one giving advice as per your own experiences.

Reactions: AloeSvea

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@kitedoc i and many others like me are not entitled to an opinion.
I don't understand why you feel this way.

Oh and you are diet controlled is that right? Because if this is true then the system has made a mistake (computer error, not yours) as you are showing as insulin dependent T2. This would be why I personally haven't answered your questions before as I am not on insulin so felt I couldn't help you.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Moggely - Just to clarrify. No moderator touched the image in the first post. The OP didn't touch it either. The image appears when the link is activated, so the picture is hosted eslewhere, out of DCUK control.

Reactions: T2#Me and zand