Really Stupid Question - Not A Thread.

feniangirl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am still getting used to the format here. But I am stuck with how to "tag" someone in a post. Directions would be appreciated. BTW, who'd have believed it. I also have to Google half of the foods mentioned, as I am not familiar with them. And I am still working out some abbreviations. :confused: Definitely a learning curve here. Thanks for a great site and tons of valuable information:happy:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No question is silly if you need to know the answer :)

Reactions: briped
D

Deleted member 490465

I am still getting used to the format here. But I am stuck with how to "tag" someone in a post. Directions would be appreciated. BTW, who'd have believed it. I also have to Google half of the foods mentioned, as I am not familiar with them. And I am still working out some abbreviations. :confused: Definitely a learning curve here. Thanks for a great site and tons of valuable information:happy:

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
Well, I for one am glad you asked this 'silly' question! I have been a member well over a year and I still have no idea how to 'snip' a line in a comment to reply to rather than the whole comment.

Welcome to 'Silly World of Questions' it is nice here if at times a little bewildering ;)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well, I for one am glad you asked this 'silly' question! I have been a member well over a year and I still have no idea how to 'snip' a line in a comment to reply to rather than the whole comment.

Welcome to 'Silly World of Questions' it is nice here if at times a little bewildering ;)

I click reply and then delete bits of the post just leaving the bit I’m replying to, being careful to leave the “[/QUOTE]” bits at either end of the quote, It can take a while if it’s a long post and I’m only replying to a small bit, I’ve always wondered if there’s a quicker way?

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It can take a while if it’s a long post and I’m only replying to a small bit, I’ve always wondered if there’s a quicker way?

Thanks Racox. If I have done it right then this reply should look snipped. Fingers crossed....

Reactions: Energize

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Yay! You're a star, thanks again.
Edited to add.
Ooops! Would be even better without the typo in your name. :banghead:

Reactions: Energize

Scott-C

Type of diabetes
Type 1
It can take a while if it’s a long post and I’m only replying to a small bit, I’ve always wondered if there’s a quicker way?

On a phone, select the bit of text you want to quote, and it brings up a "reply" label just beneath the selected text, click that to put it in the reply box. Haven't tried it on a computer but I imagine it's similar.

Here's how it looks:

Screenshot_2018-09-15-09-46-26.png

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I still have no idea how to 'snip' a line in a comment to reply to rather than the whole comment.
You mark the bit of text you want to comment on, and click 'reply'. At least that's how I do it from a browser :)