Reduction in Sugar Content

PapaOrca

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Whilst everybody celebrates the reduction of sugar in fizzy drinks, has anybody spared a thought for the people who are suffering from hypo’s and lack hypo awareness and use sweet drinks like cola for the easily taken sugar rush they need ?

Reactions: Dodo

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well on here they have and I believe there was a petition started about it. To no avail.

Reactions: dbr10
D

Deleted Account

I don't believe Coca Cola and Pepsi changed their recipe although the price has increased due to the sugar tax.

And there are other options available to treat hypos such as Dextrose and Glucojuice.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What's wrong with Dextrose tablets which cope with the majority of hypo situations (not the extreme ones)? There are still sugary drinks available for use at home etc.

rab5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My Diabetic nurse
type 1 and i'd rather pay more for my sugary coke to treat a hypo or one of the many alternatives (jelly babies/pastels) than have the rest of the population be at more risk of type 2/metabolic syndrome.
what a lovely thing to say :)

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I noticed tins of ordinary Coca Cola had sneaked up 10p at the local store when the sugar tax will be just 8p.