Referred.

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Been back to gp to ask for help with this shaky, higher blood glucose readings than normal levels on tables here so she is referring me to an endocrinologist what can I expect ?

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Did your GP explain the reasons he has referred you other than higher than normal blood glucose levels?
Did he test you for blood glucose levels? And if so, what were they?
It says you are not diabetic, do you have a diagnosis?

Hodge1960

Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did your GP explain the reasons he has referred you other than higher than normal blood glucose levels?
Did he test you for blood glucose levels? And if so, what were they?
It says you are not diabetic, do you have a diagnosis?
I was told a1c test was 40mmols was told nowhere near even pre diabetic but have been taking readings of up to 10. I stay around 7.0 to 8.6 post 2 hour meal.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I think that the referral is because of normal levels of hba1c and raised blood glucose levels. That means your insulin resistance is higher than it should be.
You will probably have an oral glucose test, or mixed meal test and lots of bloods taken to ascertain the imbalance of your blood.
I can't diagnose as there could be other symptoms and conditions that I'm not aware of and it's against forum rules.
I would like to know if you have symptoms of Hyperglycaemia or Hypoglycaemia.
This would help in understanding it more.

I have an insulin imbalance even though I'm not diabetic.
You can control what ever you have, by a change in lifestyle or diet.
Most blood glucose disorders can be lived with by getting control.
I would suggest, no matter the diagnosis, you should look at the low carb forum and understand how a low carb diet, which is successful at control.