Regular moderate exercise log

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing wrong with that @RuthW - it all adds up :)

Had a bike ride & a kayak. Glad we went early - another very windy afternoon today but it does take the sting out of the heat I suppose.

Reactions: 2 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm the lazy one these days. I walked for about an hour again today.

What's happened for me is lifestyle demands imposed by external things - arrangements over moving flats, going out for the day with friends ... all demanding I walk from place to place. Sometimes, in the past, there might have been more use of buses, but even some of the days I've been doing this, there's been use of buses. It's bringing home to me just how much this is a lifestyle thing, and that my life had developed into a very sedentary one.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7km country walk very early this am (before the heat hit!) & some yoga/strength/cardio just before lunch. May have a swim this afternoon if the sea breeze is late.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I might not hit my day's steps target, but as I spent much of the morning going up and down step ladders, than manhandling carpet that's coming up, plus lugging pots of paint upstairs, etc, I feel it adds up to a fair morning's exercise - I have aches and pains to prove it.

Reactions: 3 people

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a bit of a bad week last week - chest cold, then fell down the last three steps of the stairs and bruised my back, my bum and my wrist. So not much exercise for me! I then went to London for the weekend and managed to walk 6 miles on Friday and Saturday. Back on track in work this week and should be able to keep it up, even though I'm still coughing quite a bit. I had a leaflet through the door about a spinning class starting in January down the street from me. It sounds a bit sweaty but I think I might be persuaded to give it a go.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I had a bit of a bad week last week - chest cold, then fell down the last three steps of the stairs and bruised my back, my bum and my wrist. So not much exercise for me! I then went to London for the weekend and managed to walk 6 miles on Friday and Saturday. Back on track in work this week and should be able to keep it up, even though I'm still coughing quite a bit. I had a leaflet through the door about a spinning class starting in January down the street from me. It sounds a bit sweaty but I think I might be persuaded to give it a go.
Sounds painful. Was wondering where you had got to. Welcome back.

Reactions: 6 people

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
I think I get the lazy crown today. Fairest of weekend walking but today just 20 min so far. Meetings all day tomorrow too. Groan

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a hospital appointment tomorrow morning so that's an extra mile and a half from the train station and the same again on the way back. I might make it to 8 miles tomorrow! I bought new boots http://www.rubyshoesdayhebdenbridge...nbein-grünbein-louis-lace-up-ankle-boot-p2149 that are so comfy and most importantly waterproof!

Hope your appointment goes well. I've already worn out one pair of trainers and replaced them with waterproof light weight boots. I think you are using any excuse for more exercise which must be good.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a bike ride & a brief stroll on the beach this morning - really have to catch up on some chores.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I bought a fitness monitor (a Garmin Vivosmart) and hit the target number of steps every day in the first week - wild enthusiasm for the new gadget! But since then, I've not managed to hit the target every day of the week. GIn good weeks it's been 5 out of 7 days, with something like half the target on the other days. Not too bad - not bad enough to be beating myself up about, but long-term, I'd like to be hitting the target 6 out of 7 days.

Well, this week I've hit the target every day! My present target level's between 7 and 8,000, so I'm still a way off the 10,000 steps a day, which so many of the exercise advice places tell me to aim for.

It's great to be able to brag to you here!

Reactions: 6 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Nothing at all today. Other than the heat (which is hardly a shock to my Australian system!) I don't even have an excuse :oops:

Annieok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a Fitbit and try to do 10,000 steps a day @JenniferW . I'm quite a fan of tracking and setting targets. Best of all is when a message pops up on my phone to say 'you've nailed it' when I reach my target. Great motivation!

Reactions: 4 people

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a Fitbit and try to do 10,000 steps a day @JenniferW . I'm quite a fan of tracking and setting targets. Best of all is when a message pops up on my phone to say 'you've nailed it' when I reach my target. Great motivation!

I have mine set to vibrate when I hit the goal, and day after day it takes me by surprise. For that brief moment of shock, I really can't believe I've done it!

Reactions: 4 people

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
45mins yoga/strength/resistance & a good, long kayak - stunning (if hot!) weather & we were just finishing up when a cool sea breeze came through. I feel much better than yesterday :)