Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
100 squats, 15 min shadow boxing and few stairclimbs.

Reactions: 2 people

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Well, yesterday I was down with head-ache, did not have mood to go to grounds to walk. So nothing yesterday. Today I really had to push myself to do some workouts during the lunch hour. See below:
Dec0336.png

Push ups target upper body muscle; as opposed to walking or jogging. Calories, duration and type of workout can be seen. 290 calories over 30 minutes. What I understand from internet is daily 30 min exercise [150 min per week - 30 min x 5 days] equates to weight maintenance. Daily 50 min [250 min per week - 50 min x 5 days] equates to weight loss zone - Assuming we have 2 days of rest in between.

But from now onwards, I will shift my workouts on to 'low intensity' type, which means I won't run any more. By doing that I will join the club of some of you reporting long walks everyday. There is a lot of literature strongly supporting walking, low intensity workouts. So, I will try the same to see the results.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Been doing my 45min yoga/strength/resistance & getting at least 10,000 steps each day but it's been far too hot for any serious cardio. So - hot as Hades on the workdays (perfect kayak/beach weather but stuck indoors) & soggy outlook for the long weekend :mad: :arghh:. Think I may need to add some meditation soon!

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
but it's been far too hot for any serious cardio. So - hot as Hades on the workdays (perfect kayak/beach weather but stuck indoors)
yes, my Sunday 5k run in the sunshine resulted in dehydration. It is just waste of time to do high intensity running and exposure to strong sun beyond 20 minutes. In fact it harms.

Kayaking is great, will target more muscle groups and also improves balancing abilities and natural reflexes. I do not have the means to do it.
45min yoga/strength/resistance
- this is actually great. wish I can do my cardio for 45 minutes.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you seen this https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos website @mekalu2k4 ? It has a great selection of free, online workouts that you can search by type/available equipment/length etc.... I started with this one https://www.fitnessblender.com/vide...tal-body-workout-for-beginner-to-intermediate as I need to keep it low impact due to injury & I still do it. The trainer is very good & explains how you can increase the intensity without having to go higher impact. 30mins of this kind of thing & 15mins of shadow boxing & I'm happy as a slightly puffed clam :)

mekalu2k4

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Yes, fitnessblenders is well known, best of the best. And Ms. Kelly is my favourite girl, wish I can sync with her in workout routines. Tried many times to match, but very hard to go beyond 10 minutes of any video. I have most of their videos on my laptop, downloaded. These are great resources for any one , anytime. These videos helped me in reducing my weight; but I now moved onto more of muscle group specific routines.

I have not seen this particular link, I know about youtube only. Thanks for providing me the link though; yes we can select and search. Jillian Michaels is the next one, if you want to explore. I am now having fresh thoughts after seeing your post. May be I can use one of these videos for morning session, that I want to start. Just do for 15 mins, take shower and go to office.

JenniferW

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm definitely on a walking plateau - my average goes up and down somewhere between 8,000 and 9,000 steps / day. For every day i get to 10,000 (and above), there's a day where it's half that. I'm retired and a part-time student and am preparing for the final assessment of my art course and it's taken over life! I've got tight deadlines and intentions to go out for walks disappear out the window. I tell myself I'll make up for it when I'm past the deadline at the end of the month - but this is symptomatic of how I got myself into this state in the first place!

Interestingly, I went to my GP yesterday (about a shoulder injury - nothing to do with T2 at all) and did he even ask how I was doing on my T2 management while I was there? Of course not. They don't realise, do they? A word of encouragement - even of interest - could have gone a long way.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Been doing my 45min yoga/strength/resistance & getting at least 10,000 steps each day but it's been far too hot for any serious cardio. So - hot as Hades on the workdays (perfect kayak/beach weather but stuck indoors) & soggy outlook for the long weekend :mad: :arghh:. Think I may need to add some meditation soon!
Made me laugh, here in the frost.

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi, cold here so gym today. My brag for the week is that I currently lead the gym wall sit challenge! Take that blood sugar!

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi I'm new to this forum I've been type 1 for 4yrs. I'm 31 now. I seem to always be Hungary and have put on weight in the last 12months not good. Really want to lose weight but don't seem to have the will power ?
Hello and welcome. Some people on here have lost a fair bit so may be able to help. I find that exercise makes me less hungry so that may help. Has your diet changed over the year?

Natroscoe30

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I am always on the go ! maybe need to try exerciseing more I will give it ago! No diet seems to be the same. I think snacking on the wrong things between meals makes it worse

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Snacking won't help, are you snacking because of hypos or because of hunger or boredom?

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
None yesterday and a bad diet day too. 4 sets of stairs first thing and will try to do as many as I can at lunchtime.

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8 miles walking today. Decided against a walk this evening but as my blood sugars were 7.4 after 2 hours I thought I needed to. No idea what they were before the meal. A 30 minute walk and they were 4.8. So I'm sure walking is helping.

Safi

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
90min walk v. early this morning - no beach though due to v.v. high tides :(