Regular moderate exercise log

Mackempaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi I'm new on here...I've just had a knee operation so not much exercise from me at the moment haha but... When I'm better my job is very physical and I also like to cycle and hike.
My blood sugar levels have crept up and I'm basically trying to avoid all sugars and carbs but still not helping, cannot wait to be match fit again so I can start to get some exercise back on the agenda.
Have a great day everyone. Paul :)

Reactions: 6 people

Mackempaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
They have increased my glic but I think that my pancreas is failing even more so I'm probably going to have to start on insulin soon which I am petrified about :(

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
HI,
Not posted on here for a few days. I have been continuing my walking. Yesterday I did almost 7 miles but that was 3 different walks. Today I intend to walk to the local shops this morning and then think what I will do this afternoon. I'm trying to increase my exercise but it just takes to much time to do the walking but I do use any excuse like shopping to walk.

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
HI,
Not posted on here for a few days. I have been continuing my walking. Yesterday I did almost 7 miles but that was 3 different walks. Today I intend to walk to the local shops this morning and then think what I will do this afternoon. I'm trying to increase my exercise but it just takes to much time to do the walking but I do use any excuse like shopping to walk.
Wow! That's quite a start you made there. I was wondering where you went. Obviously you were out for a walk!

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
They have increased my glic but I think that my pancreas is failing even more so I'm probably going to have to start on insulin soon which I am petrified about :(
Don't worry about the insulin. Like any treatment, if you do actually need it, it will make you feel MUCH better. What can you do while your knee is healing? Can you swim or do seated weights or anything?

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Hi @Mackempaul_, may not be much consolation but I feel v. Good on insulin. I've been out of action this week because I feel over and have a huge bruise from thigh to knee and s damaged hand. Hope to be up to swimming tomorrow though. Are you getting physio on the knee?

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ouch! Was that a sporting injury? I got a knee to hip bruise once by falling off my bike. It was spectacular after a few days.
Today I walked for about forty or fifty minutes, split into two trips.

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Thanks @RuthW found it...

I'm usually pretty good with my exercise currently on a couple of days rest, running the Bridlington half marathon on Sunday and back training next week! Looks an interesting group though so will be back!

Thanks izzy

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
none since Tuesday, Please give me a good slapping.
Here you are, since you asked! I looked in my emojis to see if I could find a carrot and a stick, but no luck. So here's a slap and strawberry instead:

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Loving the slap and strawberry! Not sporting, just embarrassing - I slipped on some rubble in a car park. Just went over sideways and burst into tears, not very dignified! I wasn't drunk or low either... so, swimming today and many sort shopping/chore related walks.

Mackempaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi @Mackempaul_, may not be much consolation but I feel v. Good on insulin. I've been out of action this week because I feel over and have a huge bruise from thigh to knee and s damaged hand. Hope to be up to swimming tomorrow though. Are you getting physio on the knee?
I've had to bits of Physio and a sheet of paper with pictures with what I have to do haha I'm up and about and driving again and it's healing nicely.
I hope you recover from you fall soon :)

Mackempaul

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Don't worry about the insulin. Like any treatment, if you do actually need it, it will make you feel MUCH better. What can you do while your knee is healing? Can you swim or do seated weights or anything?
I had pancreatitis and my diabetes will progress was just hoping for a little longer on the tablets. Worried about my motorbike license and insurance etc with diabetes.
I can't swim with my knee but I've been doing a little walking (hopping) back to work next week so plenty of exercise there :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Two on foot trips to the local shops and five times up the huge soft play warehouse obstacle course.

Reactions: 2 people

IZ THE LEG END

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes!!!
Swimming with the girls today... Just about to head to bed half marathon tomorrow in Bridlington!

RuthW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Wow! You guys do all the fun stuff! Must encourage the offspring to reproduce so I get another excuse to do that stuff with grandkids before I get too creaky. I had an energetic day in the armchair reading Diabetic Athlete's Handbook (again). And a bit of vacuuming. The exercise is doing wonders for my blood sugars on rest days too. :)

Diakat

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
The smell of cigars
Half marathon? Wow, I need to redefine 'modetate'. Hope all goes well... We've got a five mile walk planned which hardly compares.

Reactions: 3 people

Hiitsme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've continued my walking for the last few days but yesterday was only just over 5 miles in total, Away now for a few days so hopefully a bit more walking with pleasant scenery. Also as there is a swimming pool where we are staying I will hope to use that,