Remission can be done!

Tink6366

Hi folks

I was newly diagnosed as T2 in July with a HBA1 of 56. I found these forums and was given great advice.

I increased the exercise, counted my carbs and i had my bloods done this week.

My new HBA1 is 50! Im so pleased if i can get under 48 they are going to reduce my medication.

Thank you everyone who offered words/advice when i was newly diagnosed.

To anyone hear who is newly diagnosed, i understand how your possibly feeling i was in despair back in July/Aug.

But if i can do this, so can you!

Good luck folks you got this!

Hayley :)

Reactions: Speedbird

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Great work @Tink6366

Please bear in mind that Remission is possible FOR TYPE 2.
I realise you say you are type 2 but as this is posted in the Newly diagnosed sub-forum, which may be visited by people with other types of diabetes, like Type 1 (about 10% oft hose with diabetes have Type 1), it is important to set the realistic expectations for all.

Sorry, I know I am being a pedant and don't want to distract from your well-earned glory.
It is the kind of thing that those of use with Type 1 can, literally, only dream of.

Reactions: Tink6366

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks

I was newly diagnosed as T2 in July with a HBA1 of 56. I found these forums and was given great advice.

I increased the exercise, counted my carbs and i had my bloods done this week.

My new HBA1 is 50! Im so pleased if i can get under 48 they are going to reduce my medication.

Thank you everyone who offered words/advice when i was newly diagnosed.

To anyone hear who is newly diagnosed, i understand how your possibly feeling i was in despair back in July/Aug.

But if i can do this, so can you!

Good luck folks you got this!

Hayley :)
Excellent work, well done! :)

Rodney278

At the moment I am waiting for my blood results due tomorrow I have started the active 10 website and set a 30min target at present and have lost 5kg so far!

Tink6366

Great work @Tink6366

I realise you say you are type 2 but as this is posted in the Newly diagnosed sub-forum, which may be visited by people with other types of diabetes, like Type 1 (about 10% oft hose with diabetes have Type 1), it is important to set the realistic expectations for all.

Sorry, I know I am being a pedant and don't want to distract from your well-earned glory.
It is the kind of thing that those of use with Type 1 can, literally, only dream of.

No thank you for commenting and pointing that out.

Tink6366

Great work @Tink6366

I posted it from the perspective of T2 only and i apologise if i offended. I did not intend to mislead anyone so thank you for commenting.

I just wanted to reach out to people who are feeling what i felt 4 months ago.

Reactions: Caroline2688

Tink6366

At the moment I am waiting for my blood results due tomorrow I have started the active 10 website and set a 30min target at present and have lost 5kg so far!

Thats fantastic!! Keep going..... and i hope you get the numbers from your bloods that your hoping for.