Remission?

Razzamuffin

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Has my Diabetes gone in to remission?

This morning my sugar levels have been dropping non stop but seems to stop at 4.8 exactly, ive eaten sweets, toast with full sugar jam, foods that would normally send my blood Sugars spiking through the roof. But at best, they stop at 6.5 then it drops rapidly again, I have already lowered my long acting insulin last night , and its not made a difference, from 18 units to 16 and tonight if it carries on then either lowering down to 14 or 12.

Am very worried and it's triggering anxiety

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I assume you’re type1. Always difficult to answer questions when you only post avatar saying “ member”
If you are T1 how long have you been diagnosed?

Reactions: Razzamuffin

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Type 1 deosn't go into remission I'm afraid, however since you've only recently been diagnosed as Type 1 you're likely to be in your honeymoon period which means your pancreas will still be producing insulin some of the time (where the word 'some' is the relevant part).

Edit: I've heard that for some the honeymoon period can make it tricky to work out how much insulin you need as it can be an ever changing amount

Last edited:

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Has my Diabetes gone in to remission?

This morning my sugar levels have been dropping non stop but seems to stop at 4.8 exactly, ive eaten sweets, toast with full sugar jam, foods that would normally send my blood Sugars spiking through the roof. But at best, they stop at 6.5 then it drops rapidly again, I have already lowered my long acting insulin last night , and its not made a difference, from 18 units to 16 and tonight if it carries on then either lowering down to 14 or 12.

Am very worried and it's triggering anxiety

Razzqmuffin, I commented on a similar query, by another newly diagnosed person last night.

Again, I'll make it clear, I have no personal wisdom on it, but this is my take, from what I have observed over the years.

How long until I’m told if I’m type 1 or 2?

I'm sure there are better ways to describe it, but that's how I visualise it in my brain.