Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Liposuction?

I'm getting very confused to be honest.

That is because you are missing the point. As usual.

And please don't ask me to explain.
The information is already clearly presented on this thread (and many others), for those willing to see it.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That is because you are missing the point. As usual.

And please don't ask me to explain.
The information is already clearly presented on this thread (and many others), for those willing to see it.

I couldn't imagine asking you to explain anything to anyone, let alone me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Liposuction?

I'm getting very confused to be honest.
:hilarious::hilarious: Liposuction?!

The thread is about removing the fat from the pancreas. Apparently I have. Not wanting to put it back. I believe it got there by consumption of the NHS recommended diet, Eatwell plate.
The non-diabetic daily BG levels and 3 monthly HbA1c tests demonstrate that my pancreas is currently 'defatted'. Lucky me. That my visceral fat was first to be lost. For many it is the visceral fat that is hardest to shift. That is why for some they think their pancreas is healthy and fat free because they have the appearance of not being overweight. That is why I have no intention of abusing my pancreas again. I want a skinny pancreas and internal organs, even if the rest of me is fat.
Accept you do things differently. Hope you enjoy seasonal excesses and new year resolutions, and that your pancreas won't mind too much.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It'll be fine.
I know it as if it's a part of me.

But I doubt my pancreas ever read anything about the eatwell plate. It just did stuff that pancreas do.
And now it still does stuff, but it's still not clued up on eatwell plates.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It'll be fine.
I know it as if it's a part of me.

But I doubt my pancreas ever read anything about the eatwell plate. It just did stuff that pancreas do.
And now it still does stuff, but it's still not clued up on eatwell plates.
Season's Greetings to you and your pancreas then.
Enjoy and be well.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Season's Greetings to you and your pancreas then.
Enjoy and be well.

I won't tell it about the eatwell plate
It can crack on and do it's stuff without the knowledge it was set up by the NHS.
Then again, they never sent it a christmas card, so they must be bad. ;)

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I won't increase weight beyond my 'remission' level.

SXplat - I have abridged your previous post, but only because I only address one specific point.

How do you know what your "remission level" was? Did something magical happen, whereby you knew you had actually achieved something? And secondly, how do you know that your "remission level" remains the same over time? There is some suggestion that over time our bodies may function less efficiently than in their prime, as is evidenced by many older people having increasing HbA1c scores over time. Of course, some of that increase could be due to "modernising" their diet, to include more processed foods, but that's also adding a veneer of my own speculation.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SXplat - I have abridged your previous post, but only because I only address one specific point.

How do you know what your "remission level" was? Did something magical happen, whereby you knew you had actually achieved something? And secondly, how do you know that your "remission level" remains the same over time? There is some suggestion that over time our bodies may function less efficiently than in their prime, as is evidenced by many older people having increasing HbA1c scores over time. Of course, some of that increase could be due to "modernising" their diet, to include more processed foods, but that's also adding a veneer of my own speculation.

Andblow
It's quote simple really.
If you check your BG level, and it's within the normal range, you're below the level.
Beyond that, I'm sure it becomes over complicated.

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Andblow
If you check your BG level, and it's within the normal range, you're below the level.
So, how is a normal BG level in "range" linked with with the knowledge that you have lost enough weight ? Do you think overweight people don't experience BG levels in range ? Or any other levels actually. You've said you "won't increase weight beyond remission level" then explain you know this level according to your BG levels ? Makes no sense whatsoever.

Reactions: 2 people

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sure you are happy with your solution, whether you grasp the sense of this or not.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Andblow

Well, I hope it all goes well for you, but for me your thinking is exceedingly simplistic and fraught with risk. Whilst you may feel that going beyond your own criteria is getting over complicated, I'm not sure, when you consider even just some of the stories we read on here, it's that simple.

Have you read some of the post-ND posters who haven't quite managed to flip the coin?

If diabetes was a simple condition there would be no need for this website, no bewilderment for the newly diagnosed and HCPs could confident talking about reversal and cure. In my view, diabetes is a complex portfolio condition, with few guarantees, even for those who choose to be extremely compliant. That's what can make it so cruel.

As I say. Good luck with it all.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
That's the difference in viewpoint.

If I was to be a portfolio person.

I would carefully label all my 'work'.
I would carefully collect it into the portfolio,.
I would label the portfolio.
I would spend my time presenting my portfolio.
I would compare my portfolio to other peoples portfolio.
I'd wonder why other people don't want a portfolio like mine.

But I'm not, I'm a diabetic, so I tend just to view as something I can get on in life with by losing weight because that works for me.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
That's the difference in viewpoint.

If I was to be a portfolio person.

I would carefully label all my 'work'.
I would carefully collect it into the portfolio,.
I would label the portfolio.
I would spend my time presenting my portfolio.
I would compare my portfolio to other peoples portfolio.
I'd wonder why other people don't want a portfolio like mine.

But I'm not, I'm a diabetic, so I tend just to view as something I can get on in life with by losing weight because that works for me.

You either misunderstand, or misinterpret my meaning of portfolio. By portfolio, I mean there are many factors involved, with some commonalities. That's what facilitates the scenario whereby not all overweight folks are diabetic, nor do all diabetics have lipid issues (although, as we know, many do), nor do all those with raised glucose profiles, have hypertension. We can have a handful or a Fistful of markers for diabetes, with the common factor we trigger the diabetic diagnostic criteria.

I don't see life in as binary, or monochrome terms as you do, but I'm content with that.

SunnyExpat

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You either misunderstand, or misinterpret my meaning of portfolio. By portfolio, I mean there are many factors involved, with some commonalities. That's what facilitates the scenario whereby not all overweight folks are diabetic, nor do all diabetics have lipid issues (although, as we know, many do), nor do all those with raised glucose profiles, have hypertension. We can have a handful or a Fistful of markers for diabetes, with the common factor we trigger the diabetic diagnostic criteria.

I don't see life in as binary, or monochrome terms as you do, but I'm content with that.

I tend to take a helicopter view, but I do find diabetes is easier if you get all your ducks in a row, and take the low hanging fruit first.

You should always look under the bonnet, and I find this forum is an excellent place to cascade relevant information.
And it is interesting to sometimes put on the record and see who dances.
But, above all, sometimes though, you need to realise you haven't enough bandwidth, then you need to revisit your personal strategic staircase.

Last edited by a moderator:

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies
I feel losing weight relies on the individual body functioning healthily. Body and Mind.
If the body isn't functioning properly then damage can be experienced. We rely on nhs for our primary care. We take advice, medication and often severe changes to our lifestyle. When in someone else who has a good functioning body doesn't need to do. FAT OR THIN.
I've come to realise some may not have diabetes but have some other problem. More so as we get older.
Some diabetics have other health problems too.
I resently got rid of a fatty liver or at least that's what the blood test hinted.
I would like to do the same for my pancreas. I have very bad insulin resistance. The insulin I inject doesn't work well. That insulin is not from my pancreas.
So..... all over body fat may be my enemy not fat in the pancreas.
I once needed IVF. The process is hormones blocked then injected with hormones to over react the production of eggs then hormones to thicken linning of womb to keep eggs attached to it in a healthy environment. Maybe I need my prancreas/liver activity blocked and just insulin injected as I add weight. No weight loss for me this month. Even though on lchf diet and no longer calorie count as only average 1500 calories and I'm 19.5 stone. I have big muscles surrounded by fat. A fat tummy. I look 16-17 stone. I must have some serious internal fat.
They say muscle weighs heavier than fat.
What do you think?

dannyw

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tend to take a helicopter view, but I do find diabetes is easier if you get all your ducks in a row, and take the low hanging fruit first.

You should always look under the bonnet, and I find this forum is an excellent place to cascade relevant information.
And it is interesting to sometimes put on the record and see who dances.
But, above all, sometimes though, you need to realise you haven't enough bandwidth, then you need to revisit your personal strategic staircase.
I remember the first time I had a drink too :)

Reactions: 2 people