Removing libre sensor

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Stupid question but any tips on how to remove the sensor? Mine is stubbornly refusing to budge.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Sorry - done it! But it was damned difficult. I'm amazed people ever have them fall off!

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I am a bit late for this time but for future sensors, my recommendation is to remove sensors in the shower.
Get the sensor soaked and peel a little tint bit off and get water into the adhesive.
This will help loosen the adhesive and ensure you take off only the sensor and not a layer of skin.
Slowly peel the sensor back letting in more water as you go.

I then slough off the remaining glue with a body scrub or gentle pumice.

Reactions: sunspots

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Stupid question but any tips on how to remove the sensor? Mine is stubbornly refusing to budge.
I'm in the 'just grind your teeth and rip it off camp' for myself, but I'm very lucky with my skin.
Anything oily will help a lot, doesn't matter if it's baby oil, olive oil or even butter.
It'll also come off easier after a long bath or a swim.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm amazed people ever have them fall off!

That’d be me! Unfortunately I’ve never found anything to stick over the top that I’m not allergic to, so end up with relatively frequent replacements for tumbling sensors!

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I find a small charge of dynamite will remove it instantaneously problem is you can quickly run out of arms to stick one on.:)

miahara

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Fingertip under the edge, grit your teeth, smile and pull hard. Just takes one second and then the fun's over.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No need for pain, I just apply a little body oil or baby oil around the edges of my limpet, working it under and round. Soon slips off

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Thanks for all the suggestions! If I use one again for a check on how things are going I'll try oils or a shower. I was using the free trial and found it a bit addictive but not really necessary for a type 2 on my current medication. Still, I found out how harmful porridge is for me :(. Of all the things...grumble, grumble.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Use the water and plenty of soap whilst in the shower, teasing gently as you go.
To all those saying just grin and bare it. Stupidly I did that with the very first one when I was part of the trial at the hospital. I lost quite a few layers of skin, which took about a month to heal. Had to have many photos taken to submit to Libre by the nurse. Never say to anyone just pull and grin and bare it. It can potentially create problems.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Unfortunately Abbott tell you to pull it off in one go after lifting a corner. My wobbly bits went taut as muscle trying that! I thought I, too, would lose a layer of skin at that rate