Renal Patient View Website

mrburden

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

At my last renal appointment, the consultant mentioned the relatively new online service called Renal Patient View https://www.renalpatientview.org/index.do

Apparently many renal clinics around the country have joined the NHS run site, which allows individuals to access their own records at any time. My consultant offered me the option to join, but it may be something that you need to ask about at your clinic. It works like this:
The patient signs a consent letter at their clinic, allowing their renal test results and hospital details to be uploaded to the Patient View site. The clinic then sends the patient an email containing a username and temporary password to access the site (once you have logged in you can change the temporary password). A few days later all your past and current renal results are uploaded for you to browse through, along with a list of your current medications, renal state, any letters that have been written about your condition and also a lot of links to renal-specific websites.

Personally, I find the site is very useful as it contains everything I was told at my last appointment but forgot as soon as I left the room. The results can be copied into a Word document and taken to other appointments too, which can be useful. The site also allows the user to add their own results (such as glucose test results and weight). All very useful to have online if you go into hospital and the docs start asking you the questions.

This site was something that I hadn't heard about before my visit, so I guess there are many others who haven't had any info about it either. Considering it is an NHS site, it seems very good indeed!