Type 1 Rescheduling injection time (Tresiba)

Villovigo

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello everyone,

Not too long ago, I began using the insulin Tresiba instead of Lantus. I was told by my nurse that it'd be possible for me to take it at any given time daily that I desire (only once daily, naturally). Due to this, I decided to take it in the morning, as I usually wake up around the same time every single day, however, if one desired to reschedule the injection time from morning to evening, how should one go about that? Do you simply skip taking it the morning and just wait until evening time, or do you transition slowly by delaying it a couple of hours every single day until it gets to the desired time? My current dose of Tresiba is 9 units - if that is of any relevance for the question.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hello everyone,

Not too long ago, I began using the insulin Tresiba instead of Lantus. I was told by my nurse that it'd be possible for me to take it at any given time daily that I desire (only once daily, naturally). Due to this, I decided to take it in the morning, as I usually wake up around the same time every single day, however, if one desired to reschedule the injection time from morning to evening, how should one go about that? Do you simply skip taking it the morning and just wait until evening time, or do you transition slowly by delaying it a couple of hours every single day until it gets to the desired time? My current dose of Tresiba is 9 units - if that is of any relevance for the question.

Hi, I used to take Levemir before bed, then I was changed to Tresiba last year and Doctor said to take it in the morning, but I could alter it to suit my needs ( at the time I was quite poorly) so I think I just went in feet first, I didn't do it gradually and I still take in the morning, now it's 11 units instead of 10.

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
My consultant asked me to change from morning to evening for Tresiba to see if it stopped my afternoon hypos.

I took 9 units in the morning so she had me take 4 that night, 3 the following morning and 7 pm and then up to 9 at night. Except I then had overnight hypos so had to adjust down.

So stagger over 2 days and I might go back to morning because afternoon hypos are better than overnight ones.