Type 2 Resistant starch

D

Deleted member 308541

However, it seems that no-one so far has tried the raw potato starch with any degree of success.
I have no need to try it, as we can get lower carb potatoes here in Australia called Spudlite's.

I cook a bag full up in the microwave, then let them cool down before I put them in the fridge, I then reheat them when I want potatoes in my meal.

https://spudlite.com.au/

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You are assuming people eat food just for its nutritional value
Well to be honest that is the main reason for eating isn't it?
All the rest is treating food as either entertainment or reward.
Some may think thats a good thing.. I found it got me into lots of trouble and ended up here..

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I find the low carb version of many foods is a lot nicer than the high carb recipes - usually developed to make it a cheaper option.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However, it seems that no-one so far has tried the raw potato starch with any degree of success. I'l just have to bite the bullet and give it a try, meter at hand. I'll report back with the results.
If you are experimenting, rather than resistant starch, how about reducing the amount of starch in the potato? I remember making rösti potatoes, when they are grated and squeezed, loads of starch runs out. I haven't tried the effect on bg myself as I have given up potatoes, but I would be interested to know if it makes any difference.