Restless legs

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I get really bad restless legs at night, Dr is reluctant to prescribe anything as on a lot of other medications. Any advice on how I can stop this please

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Try putting a pillow under your knees.
Also do check all your foods to see if any have aspartame in..my restless leg symptoms and pain in hips and muscles toy knees was pure aspartame, sweetener and preservative poisoning...

s.sollis

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Try putting a pillow under your knees.
Also do check all your foods to see if any have aspartame in..my restless leg symptoms and pain in hips and muscles toy knees was pure aspartame, sweetener and preservative poisoning...
I didn't realize that restless legs would be sweetener related, that is in my diet every day. Thanks for the advice.

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
I didn't realize that restless legs would be sweetener related, that is in my diet every day. Thanks for the advice.

It could be sweetener related.. I'm not saying it definitely.

I ate sugar free gum and for birthdays and christmas always had drambuiee and diet coke... I literally was at one time on full DLA...and years of needless tests... Then they discovered a note from a rheumatologist (in Apr this year) that had been missed off my records... Likely Aspartame, sweetener intolerance dated 2003.

There are no tests for this poisoning..

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Iron, B12 and Co-Q10 deficiencies can cause this. Have you been checked for anaemia?

katcot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Iron, B12 and Co-Q10 deficiencies can cause this. Have you been checked for anaemia?
Hi
I've had restless legs and uncomfortable prickly feelings and quite often my lower legs and feet felt so hot
That I couldn't sleep and had to slather on a load of cold cream/lotion in order to get some sort of relief ang get some sleep.

However about a year and a half ago I read about Mega Benfotiamine and decided, despite the cost, to give it a go. To my real amazement and pleasure the restlessness stopped within a week and now it's very very rare for me not to be able to sleep and most of the uncomfortable feelings have gone. I get it from Amazon uk.

Kat

Lea_S

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not sure if I have restless legs. My feet start to get overly hot and then I get electric shock type feelings in my feet, this makes me stamp on the floor and sometimes kick out. Is this restless legs?