Retirement

LaoDan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term “new normal “
It’s official, I sent in my notification that I’m retiring. My last day is June 30th. I think the high stress was a big contributor to being T2. I’ve actually tested this with my meter lol!

As of July 1st , I’ll be a full time gym addict, health nut, beach bum. Maybe do something volunteer stuff.

Super lucky to be in a position to do this. Everything changed after I was diagnosed, realized I’m mortal, I don’t want to be a slave to the grind. Anyway, cheers to good health!

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
Deffo a good thing for me don’t know how I had time to go to work

Reactions: LaoDan

Voodoorising

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’s official, I sent in my notification that I’m retiring. My last day is June 30th. I think the high stress was a big contributor to being T2. I’ve actually tested this with my meter lol!

As of July 1st , I’ll be a full time gym addict, health nut, beach bum. Maybe do something volunteer stuff.

Super lucky to be in a position to do this. Everything changed after I was diagnosed, realized I’m mortal, I don’t want to be a slave to the grind. Anyway, cheers to good health!
Congratulations, I was offered Voluntary Redundancy as my employer had deciced to change shift patterns and as a result "needed" to off load staff. it effctively allowed me to to bring my retirement forward 2-3yrs so I took it and I also left on the 30th June. I am hoping as part of this new adventure that getting off shift work and eating and sleeping at normal times helps with my type2 and it will allow me to eat and prepare healthier meals. Good luck in your retirement.

• Winner
Reactions: filly