1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Return of medical form

Discussion in 'Driving and DVLA' started by Diddly, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Diddly

Diddly Type 1 · Well-Known Member

Hi there,
    I am really panicking now just sent off my medical form and noticed its gone over the 21 days! Its the first time I've had to do one, recently diagnosed type 1, it states on the cover letter if not received in time license will be revoked or application will be refused! Had anyone gone over time before or knowledge of this.
    Many thanks in advance.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

2. noblehead

noblehead Type 1 · Guru
    Retired Moderator

Can't help with the question Diddly, however try ringing the DVLA up in the morning and explain that you overlooked the 21 day deadline and ask them if they'll extend the period, nothing ventured nothing gained and certainly worth a try.

3. mo1905

mo1905 Type 1 · BANNED

Agreed, give them a call ! They're usually quite friendly and helpful actually ! Good luck !

4. Diddly

Cheers guys yeah will ring them in the morning and see what they say.

5. Diddly

Update- called dvla this morning, explained that my medical form would be late, chap I spoke to said he would put a note on my file to say as much and the day it was posted. He said they may just extend the time scale for sending it back as I have notified them. I then asked what would happen if that wasn't to happen and he said that they would revoke my license until I have reapplied and they had done all there investigations! So fingers crossed for an extension!!

6. Diddly

Notification of 3 year restricted licence received this morning. Sorted!

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook