Reversal

tcastle

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.
I was diagnosed last Nov with a Hba 1c of 7.9, but have worked hard with diet, lost 1 1/2 stone (sorry can't do KG) and bought a treadmill (please note I said bought and not use ! :lol: )
Anyway had latest results today Hba 1c 6.1 Fasting bloods 5.8 Yippee!!!!
My Nurse explained to me that it is possible to put diabetes into reversal but I will always have diabeties but so far controlling it with no meds. I was very interested in the results from Prof Roy Taylor's research on reversal (News 24th June), the study was only on 11 people, it will be interesting to see what the results are when the do a wider study.
I have a brills receipe for choc and banana muffins if anyone is interested?

louiseb

Welcome to the forum.
if your interested here is a link for a thread on the study you mention
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=22085
well done on achieving such good results.
we have a receipes section you can post your choc and banana muffins receipe in if you like.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
choc and banana muffins receipe

You won't be reversing anything (well, maybe you'll reverse any weight loss that you've already achieved :wink: ) eating those!

Oh, and welcome! 8)

louiseb

Patch said:
choc and banana muffins receipe

You won't be reversing anything (well, maybe you'll reverse any weight loss that you've already achieved :wink: ) eating those!

Oh, and welcome! 8)

Patch everything in moderation, for me personally I see no problem im having an occassional treat.

I also have a receipe for choc and bananna muffins that I adapted to make them very low carb.
basically I use ground almonds instead of flour, splendsa instead of sugar, and a very small quantity of cocca powder and bananna essence.
the only thing wrong with this receipe is that is high in calories and not something I would eat very often.

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I also have a receipe for choc and bananna muffins that I adapted to make them very low carb.
basically I use ground almonds instead of flour, splendsa instead of sugar, and a very small quantity of cocca powder and bananna essence.
the only thing wrong with this receipe is that is high in calories and not something I would eat very often.

That doesn't sound too bad... I imagine the almond goes quite well with the banana escence. Might be even nicer if you subbed some of the ground almonds for Coconut Flour...

louiseb

oh coconut flour thats a good idea, I love coconut.
the almond does go very well with the banana essence but im definatly going try adding some coconut.
when you say coconut flour do you mean just normal unsweetened dried coconut or does it need to be ground in a blender to make if finer?
or can I buy actual coconut flour is so where?