Reviews

sebstar12

How important do you think reviews are. My surgery hasn't called me in this time , usually have a review every 6 months. Will it matter if I go a couple of months longer. My last test was 38. Am due to go on holiday and am tempted to leave it till after that.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I have reviews once a year, my surgery tend to forget so I call them.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im a longstanding T2 and have been well controlled for many years - my diabetic hospital reviews were more frequent in the early years but in recognition of good control and repeated ba1cs in the non diabetic range, I was moved to annual reviews with the caveat that if my home testing results showed any deterioration then I would phone in to bring my appointment forward.
I would imagine with hba1c of 38 your reviews are likely to become less frequent

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Im a longstanding T2 and have been well controlled for many years - my diabetic hospital reviews were more frequent in the early years but in recognition of good control and repeated ba1cs in the non diabetic range, I was moved to annual reviews with the caveat that if my home testing results showed any deterioration then I would phone in to bring my appointment forward.
I would imagine with hba1c of 38 your reviews are likely to become less frequent
I believe it is normal to have reviews on a 3 month or 6 month basis following diagnosis, but when there is some stability it is usual to go annual (for T2D at least) unless there are sudden events to interrupt the smooth flow. Not unusual to find it changed outwards, My reviews are now on a 2 year cycle and I provide a letter or two once in a while to keep my GP happy. The NICE guidelines suggest an annual foot check but this can be done by a DCN nurse. Also the retinopathy check should be annual too.

Reactions: dbr10