Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dear community members,

I for one am sick and tired of the constant bickering and personal attacks occurring on this forum. The individuals concerned need to take a long, hard look at themselves. From here on in, this does not have a place on this forum. I will ban anyone who continues in this vein, including starting self-absorbed threads that do not benefit anyone, deliberately courting controversy, engaging in personal attacks and attempting to undermine the moderating team. Take this as a serious warning, because this forum is provided primarily as a place to help newcomers, not as a platform for personal agendas.

I'll say this only once, from here on in the ban by ip button gets pressed.

Regards,

Dan

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty

Administrator

Staff Member
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
One further point to add to this:

The Diabetes.co.uk forum is free to join and free to leave. All we do is provide a platform to allow people to debate, support and reassure. Threatening this threatens the purpose of the forum, which is provided for the community.

I know several people are leaving, some of them long-standing, well-respected and much-loved posters. This is proof, if it was needed, for some of you to tone down your postings, be sympathetic and not let your ego ruin a unique and helpful place.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
After reading Karen's post.You think I'm like Hitler...JHolly.Watch this space.!! :evil: :evil: From now on the ban will be used.

graham64

Dislikes
Ironing, cooking, shopping. Pessimists, people with sense of humour bypass. Speed cameras Traffic wardens, Nanny state and Hypocrites
Hi Dan,
When I joined in July I had reached an all time low in my life, after a very traumatic 12months the Diabetes diagnosis seemed to be the final straw, but now with all the help and kindness I have received from this board I have turned my life around, I now enjoy life and have learned to laugh again. thanks to this forum for making this possible.

Graham

jallsop

There are sad, bitter people everywhere unfortunately. I have only been on the forum for a matter of weeks so have not witnessed, first hand, any shennanigans. However, it has obviously been going on and it is sad to see so many people with such a high post count leaving the forum. These were people who were needed on a forum such as this, to offer advice and support to those of us still learning about our condition (even though I was diagnosed over two years ago!).

What I would say is that I used to belong to a forum for people who love all things Disney and you should have seen some of the cat fights on there - even "fairy dust" couldn't keep the nasty people away!

Good luck to the leavers.

Cameraman

Dislikes
Rude or ignorant people
good.gif
Well done Boss
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

jeenie1940

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
SORRY TO JUST READ, PEOPLE ARE LEAVING ,SORRY DONT KNOW, WHO THEY ARE , OR WHY

I HOPE THEY WILL , RE-CONSIDER, JUST MAKES ME FEEL SADDENED, , ITS A GREAT, INFORMATION FORUM, FOR ALL US NEWBIES , AND WE SURE WILL MISS YOUR SUPPORT

THANKS TO ADMIN , MAYBE WE CAN MOVE ON