Rise of the Machines - an introduction to patient-led innovation and update on diabetes tech

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
On Saturday, with Partha Kar, I'm running an event in London at TechUK. "Rise of the Machines" is a one day conference that is looking at diabetes tech, where it's going and what's being done by the patient community. The audience is made up of both people with diabetes and healthcare professionals.

The agenda covers:
  • Med Tech companies providing an update on their products - Dexcom, Abbott, Medtronic, etc
  • JDRF UK and Diabetes UK discussing their research in this area, including a session from Roman Hovorka on his Artificial Pancreas work
  • Members of the WeAreNotWaiting community providing an overview of what we do, including Dana Lewis talking about OpenAPS and the community and me talking about Diabetes Data and Research
  • A panel session discussing the sessions throughout the day
  • Following the event, there will be a social gathering in Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese on Fleet Street.

Whilst tickets for the event are now all gone, we've decided to stream it to You Tube, so that anyone can watch it and no social media logins are required.

The event starts at 10am and runs till 3pm, with the first presentation commencing at 10.15. The live stream will be available at http://bit.do/RoTM-Live

I may try and embed the live stream directly into a forum topic, if all goes well. If you're interested in watching, or dipping in and out, please feel free to do so.

NoKindOfSusie

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'd have come if there were tickets. But I suspect that might have lowered the tone a bit...

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you. I will try to catch some on YouTube. Diabetes UK are doing some kind of 25 year strategy piece so this may help them with their crystal ball!