Room 101 (like the TV prog)

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ah, I only watch BBC. No adverts.
Will try the commercial channels. Probably more entertainment in adverts.
Trust me. There is not.
plugging-in-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon.gif

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
You are correct.Depressing isn't it
View attachment 9132
I don't watch TV at all. I find other things to do rather than vegetate, tv straps you to the sofa. I've got a nice 42" LED smart apps tv but it's mainly a dust gatherer and a living room ornament. Last time I watched it was about 3 weeks ago and only watched a DVD for about two hours.

Nuthead

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't watch TV at all. I find other things to do rather than vegetate, tv straps you to the sofa. I've got a nice 42" LED smart apps tv but it's mainly a dust gatherer and a living room ornament. Last time I watched it was about 3 weeks ago and only watched a DVD for about two hours.
Well I'm mostly strapped to a book or tv whilst recovering from chemotherapy. No choice other than sleeping. No energy for much else. I have a 40 in smart tv and Netflix gets hammered. Not allowed a bigger tv because Mrs Nuthead said so.
smiley-whacky099.gif

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Sorry to hear about the Chemo Nuthead. Rest and recover. I have had long hospital stays in the past. Two years ago I just made it myself. Had Acute Respiratory Failure. Was put into an induced coma, mechanically ventilated for a month in ICU and another in High Dependency. Took ten months to recover, was so weak. My sister has Netflix and looks the business, quality stuff and whole seasons of good tv. I'm sure Mrs Nuthead might upgrade your tv if you write a nice letter to Santa. Best wishes
EDDIE

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Why do you have such a snazzy TV if you don't watch it? Hope that is not too intrusive a question. Feel free to ignore. I am just curious.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well I'm mostly strapped to a book or tv whilst recovering from chemotherapy. No choice other than sleeping. No energy for much else. I have a 40 in smart tv and Netflix gets hammered. Not allowed a bigger tv because Mrs Nuthead said so.
View attachment 9136

Chemo can be such a b***er, it seems like a lot of time prevented from doing stuff you want to be doing but have no energy for.

Get through it whatever way you can. If you see any advertisements worth watching do alert the rest of us.

Hope it won't be too long before you are well enough to allow your TV to gather dust.

Reactions: 4 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Why do you have such a snazzy TV if you don't watch it? Hope that is not too intrusive a question. Feel free to ignore. I am just curious.
Last tv died, got it in a sale, £450 to £285. Mainly bought it for the World Cup (that I do watch) and well just looks nice, not bulky like last one. I am not a two-bob-snob but what I have bought is nice.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last tv died, got it in a sale, £450 to £285. Mainly bought it for the World Cup (that I do watch) and well just looks nice, not bulky like last one. I am not a two-bob-snob but what I have bought is nice.

Ah, didn't think you were snob. (Even with inflation, as I always thought it wax tuppence ha'penny snobs that showed off).

You will be able to get the dust sheets off the telly for Rugby World Cup next year.

Oh, and good bargain!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Might give the rugger a go too lol, never thought about dust sheets, save me dusting Pip lol

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't contributed much recently but I would now like to rectify that. Decorating a Christmas tree!!!!!

I must have spent 2 hours trying to get the lights 'just right' on the tree. Finally done that and now can't get tinsel on looking right cos there's too much light cabling in the way.

Just what is the correct order to decorate a tree?

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Haven't contributed much recently but I would now like to rectify that. Decorating a Christmas tree!!!!!

I must have spent 2 hours trying to get the lights 'just right' on the tree. Finally done that and now can't get tinsel on looking right cos there's too much light cabling in the way.

Just what is the correct order to decorate a tree?
I will raise your 'decorating a Christmas tree' to just 'Christmas trees'. I mean, just what is the point?

MrsB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I will raise your 'decorating a Christmas tree' to just 'Christmas trees'. I mean, just what is the point?
Hmm don't know that I can agree with that. The point is my sons face when it's all done and lit up. Ours is opposite the bottom of the stairs so it's the first thing he sees when he gets up and goes down in the morning. Just wish there was an easy way :)

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hmm don't know that I can agree with that. The point is my sons face when it's all done and lit up. Ours is opposite the bottom of the stairs so it's the first thing he sees when he gets up and goes down in the morning. Just wish there was an easy way :)

Ok, apologies. Small children need the magic.

Guess it is even more difficult for you to decorate the tree with the poorly foot?

When my kids were small we would get a giant tree. Wrap the lights round close to the centre, just pulling a few lights towards the ends of the branches. Then give the kids free reign over the rest of the tree adornment. Then if it looked odd or unsightly we had the excuse ready, to tell people,
"of course, we would not have decorated it like that, but we couldn't hurt their feelings by adjusting anything and undermining their efforts at creativity".
It worked for us, kids happy, tree looking a sight, but they were proud of it. Anyone criticising it would have been seen as heartless. Job done!

N

NicolaB70

I agree. When my 3 boys were younger we used to wait till they were fast asleep then put up and decorate our tree. It was lovely to see their faces when they came down the following morning. They honestly believed that the 'fairies' came during the night and done it all.
Now their older (19,16 & 12) they know better. For the past couple of years they've asked to do the tree themselves and I must say they've done a better job of it than what we did!

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Facebook and Twitter!

Moderator edit: Removed abusive language - please remember that this is a family forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 6 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Don't let them get to you Pipp, their not worth the grief. you are all and everything to those who care for you.

Not getting to me, but just what a sorry state of affairs when so many people think they have 'friends' and are 'liked' in the virtual world.
And the amount of grief, some young people get through cyber bullying.

satindoll

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Not getting to me, but just what a sorry state of affairs when so many people think they have 'friends' and are 'liked' in the virtual world.
And the amount of grief, some young people get through cyber bullying.

Well I like you here in our virtual/real world. and I consider you my friend. Unfortunately there isn't much we can do for the young people but be there for them when they need us.