Routine blood test

peediedj

Does a routine blood test detect diabetes? I have been feelinglike **** for about a week. palpitations.daily dizziness, pain at side of rib cage(left side),feel breathless/fast heart even when walking, itchy legs, blurred vision,very sensitive eyes
Went to docs did a very thourgh test, blood pressure- fine oxygen stats - fine, pulse - fine, took ecg for heart - fine, looked in eyes - looked fine, ears - fine. took blood and said testing for kidney,liver fucntion etc, does it test for diabetes also?

mouseee

You can probably ring and ask if they included an hba1c test. I would hope that, with those symptoms they would be testing blood glucose as some are common ones for high bg.
If you find you have either pre or T2 stick around here and there is brilliant support. It's perfectly possible to reduce bg and hba1c fairly quickly and there are plenty of people here who've done that.
I was relieved by my diagnosis as all my symptoms made sense - including things I didn't even know were because of my T2!

Edited for clarity.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Does a routine blood test detect diabetes? I have been feelinglike **** for about a week. palpitations.daily dizziness, pain at side of rib cage(left side),feel breathless/fast heart even when walking, itchy legs, blurred vision,very sensitive eyes
Went to docs did a very thourgh test, blood pressure- fine oxygen stats - fine, pulse - fine, took ecg for heart - fine, looked in eyes - looked fine, ears - fine. took blood and said testing for kidney,liver fucntion etc, does it test for diabetes also?
When bloods are taken, the usual hba1c levels are a part of the test.
Diabetes is now established by this method.
And the other levels of how your blood sample will be shown as well.
You could ask for a printout to ask for further information.
And ask our opinion with the results.

Reactions: peediedj

peediedj

When bloods are taken, the usual hba1c levels are a part of the test.
Diabetes is now established by this method.
And the other levels of how your blood sample will be shown as well.
You could ask for a printout to ask for further information.
And ask our opinion with the results.
Many thanks, will phone doctors start of week and see what they say regarding results

peediedj

You can probably ring and ask if they included an hba1c test. I would hope that, with those symptoms they would be testing blood glucose as some are common ones for high bg.
If you find you have either pre or T2 stick around here and there is brilliant support. It's perfectly possible to reduce bg and hba1c fairly quickly and there are plenty of people here who've done that.
I was relieved by my diagnosis as all my symptoms made sense - including things I didn't even know were because of my T2!

Edited for clarity.
Iam sure they said they were testing for glucose, but cant remember, thanks for the advice