1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Salt

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments' started by Christian Boy, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Christian Boy

Christian Boy · Active Member

Hi everyone.

I have had the strangest tast of salt in my mouth for a few weeks now. I don't have a particularly high sodium diet, infact we use lo-salt for cooking only and add none on the table.

Any ideas?

2. ChocFish

ChocFish · Well-Known Member

Is it possible that you are not drinking enough? Dehydration causes a salty taste in the mouth, could be now that the weather is milder and also you said you need to lose some weight, so you should maybe drink a bit more than usual?

I know it could be due to some allergy or sinus trouble or side effects of medication too, I think if it was me I would try to drink a couple of extra glasses of water, some fizzy drinks have sodium so wouldnt be helpful.

I hope you find something to take this taste away it must interfere with enjoyment of food?

All the best

Karen

3. Innocent

Innocent · Member

Fizzy water also often has high sodium levels, check the label before buying, as price or brand is no reflection of whether the drink is safe.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook