Same results

Sammee

Hi, I'm new to the forum and am quite concerned about my blood glucose results since my evening meal yesterday. I have had three consecutive results at the same reading - 9.2. Two yesterday evening and the latest one was this morning. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam ☺

mouseee

I can't see what type of diabetic you are - unhelpfully I haven't found if I can get to it on the app . That'll help with advice.

What have you eaten and when were you diagnosed? These are the next things to ask so people can take a look.

Sammee

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am Type 1, diagnosed in Nov 2018. Didn't eat much before bed, just bothered about 3 results exactly the same and wondering if the meter was the problem. Tested before lunch and back in range.

therower

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi, thanks for your reply. I am Type 1, diagnosed in Nov 2018. Didn't eat much before bed, just bothered about 3 results exactly the same and wondering if the meter was the problem. Tested before lunch and back in range.
For a lot of us longer diagnosed T1’s we call what you experienced with your readings a hat trick:).
Very seldom is someone “ lucky “ to get three readings all the same.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If this happens again you could always find a willing volunteer to have their blood sugar checked, to reassure you that your meter isn’t ‘stuck’?

Mad76

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
As long as meter is working personally I'd be happy with 3 reasonable readings that were the same. Never happened for me though
Maybe pop to a pharmacy and get it checked though just incase meter is faulty
Good luck