Samosa Alternatives

Pete46

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Everyone

I am after suggestions for alternatives to vegetable samosas, bhajis and pakoras.

We like the occasional chicken or prawn curry with cauliflower rice and are used to having vegetable samosas, bhajis and pakoras as the vegetable component but these cause my blood sugars to spike. We thought they would not be too bad for carbs seeing as the pastry on the samosas is very thin but last week the deli counter was out of stock so got some pre-packed samosas from the chiller section. My blood sugar readings shot up after dinner and on checking the packet found that the samosas were 25% carbs, which explains the rise.

I am thinking something like a Bombay potato recipe would be good, swapping the potatoes for carrots and other root veg obviously. Plus something with spinach would be even better.

Does anyone have any recipes or suggestions they would like to share with us?

Many thanks

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
When I have takeaway I usually have something like mushroom bahji or one of the spinach ones. They don't seem to spike me and give a bit of much needed sauce with my chicken tikka main course. I'm sure there must be loads of recipes out there in google land