Saved by the cat?

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The lowest BG I've ever had was a 1.9 at night - at least, that's the lowest I caught. It was scary and very unpleasant, but I wasn't actually in immediate danger as long as it wasn't still dropping - obviously it needed urgent correction which I did with a couple of swigs of full sugar Coke. I was pretty concerned, so I spoke to my diabetes consultant about it. He said if it had got any lower my body would have corrected it. He put in writing that he had explained that while a hypo like that is unpleasant, it won't kill me and I shouldn't be scared of them. So now I'm keen to avoid them and to correct quickly, but not actually scared of them.

Smidge

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
The lowest BG I've ever had was a 1.9 at night - at least, that's the lowest I caught. It was scary and very unpleasant, but I wasn't actually in immediate danger as long as it wasn't still dropping - obviously it needed urgent correction which I did with a couple of swigs of full sugar Coke. I was pretty concerned, so I spoke to my diabetes consultant about it. He said if it had got any lower my body would have corrected it. He put in writing that he had explained that while a hypo like that is unpleasant, it won't kill me and I shouldn't be scared of them. So now I'm keen to avoid them and to correct quickly, but not actually scared of them.

Smidge

Ok now I'm confused do you mean if I hadn't eaten/drunk anything my sugar level would of come up on its own ? Is that a definite ? Not sure id dare leave it to see!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Sorry if i offeneded - i didnt think as much damage could be done in a type two diabetic with lows (i know they only happen if medicated with certain things, or am I wrong again?)? I may be wrong but i was actually responnding as a type 1 that 1.7 would be very dangerous - i would probably be dead :-/

You certainly didn't offend me

Reactions: 2 people

dollydaydream2014

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Cat_Animation_by_staticwind.gif
What a lovely and lucky family you must have, what is the cats name.:cat::):)

He is a ginger tom called Steve

smidge

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Ok now I'm confused do you mean if I hadn't eaten/drunk anything my sugar level would of come up on its own ? Is that a definite ? Not sure id dare leave it to see!

Well, that's what he said - there is a suspicion that I sometimes sleep through hypos. The consultant said that this won't harm me although we should try to eliminate the hypos. To quote what he has written: 'Remember that you will not come to any serious harm sleeping through hypos'.

Obviously, I don't want them and correct any i get, but he's written that in black and white.

Smidge

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
The liver will automatically release glucose if levels drop low . However, if there are insulin/drugs still in system, this can counteract the bodies own defence system. This is how people end up in an ambulance/coma.

Last edited by a moderator:

Julie1471

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Having high blood sugars!!!!!
Poss won't hurt, but wouldn't like to take chance tbh. I'm lucky hubby wakes up if I go low, due to me sweating so much, so I end up soaking the sheets. But since my pump have been at 1.9, but knew I'd got that low. Before my pump I would have been fitting and out of it. But since I get different signs, so I know I'm low, but 1.9 is the lowest I've since I've been on the pump.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I'm sure Hana didn't mean to say that a bg level of 1.7 wasn't dangerous.