Scar Tissue? But No Bumps? On Pump For 12 Years..

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've been on the pump for 12 years now and always attach infusion set to lower back (on the fatty bit on left/right) so new sites as of then. I change sides (and try to change exact placement) every time I change set and do not have any lumps or bumps (as I used to get when I overused sites injecting (which I did for 18 years)..

Recently when I am changing sets I am noticing increasingly that I'm having to change again almost immediately as there seems to be problems with the infusion set. This is now happening almost every time I change set and I am wondering if it's possible to make an area almost impossible to use even though there is no obvious signs of scar tissue?

Has anyone had any similar experience?

K

Knikki

I don't have a pump so I am not sure how much help I can add.

If your going into the same small area over and ever again then you may find that the skin is getting thicker, not scaring as that would be more of a trauma, so your infusion would not be working as well.

Is your pump gear all working as it should as well? again something worth checking.

Hope you get it resolved.

ThePenguinPimp

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks.. yeah my pump is fine.. it is always on a set change (or something obvious like stress or illness) when this happens.. After writing this post I put infusion set into my ass cheek and it seems to be working fine so I think you may have a point about the skin getting thicker.. I might get a few lymphatic drainage massages and ask them to concentrate on the area and see if that makes a difference as I do like the site lol I massaged the lumps out of my own legs years ago so I'm hoping it will make a difference..