mrsraeroberts

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Not much
Hi all
I am type 2 diagnosed almost 3 years ago. Started metformin around a year ago. Bloods still not under control. Last hba1c was 64.
We haven't had much of a sex life for quite a few years.
Anyway things got a little bit carried away a few weeks ago and I'm late for my period. We have 3 children 15, 17 and 20.
I'm really scared because just over 4 years ago I fell pregnant after 3 years of trying and babys heart stopped beating at 8+2 and I miscarried 20 days after finding out.
After being diagnosed diabetic I now believe the miscarriage was possibly due to undiagnosed/untreated diabetes just because of some symptoms I had that I didn't think anything of at the time but since diagnosis have realised they are symptoms of diabetes.

I know there are risks possibly more than with a "normal" pregnancy but has anyone carried a healthy baby when blood sugars were high at conception?
Will be testing tomorrow but so scared

Thanks in advance for any help/advicr

merlin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi just to wish you the very best im a newbie so cant really help just wanted to send my best wishes

merlin 2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I am type 2 diagnosed almost 3 years ago. Started metformin around a year ago. Bloods still not under control. Last hba1c was 64.
We haven't had much of a sex life for quite a few years.
Anyway things got a little bit carried away a few weeks ago and I'm late for my period. We have 3 children 15, 17 and 20.
I'm really scared because just over 4 years ago I fell pregnant after 3 years of trying and babys heart stopped beating at 8+2 and I miscarried 20 days after finding out.
After being diagnosed diabetic I now believe the miscarriage was possibly due to undiagnosed/untreated diabetes just because of some symptoms I had that I didn't think anything of at the time but since diagnosis have realised they are symptoms of diabetes.

I know there are risks possibly more than with a "normal" pregnancy but has anyone carried a healthy baby when blood sugars were high at conception?
Will be testing tomorrow but so scared

Thanks in advance for any help/advicr
Im a newbie as well sounds like you have a lot going on i hope it all works out for you

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @mrsraeroberts Sorry I haven't replied sooner, only just seen your post.

In regards to diabetes and pregnancy, NICE has guidelines for women to follow in managing diabetes, these are purely guidelines though but useful reading all the same. https://www.nice.org.uk/guidance/ng3

Have you done a test yet ? If you are then please see your GP/Diabetes nurse and get some support with this, if your levels are too high then they will want to look at ways of improving your control, please let us know how you get on ?