Scared half to death- with mini update

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Re: Scared half to death

Defren said:
I want to put a little update here, especially for newbies (not that I am much more myself :mrgreen: ).

This ^^^ was me a week ago, me today is a different person all together. I bought a meter and I test, test, test. I have my BG within reasonable control, still a work in progress but getting better. The tears are gone and in there place is a determination as strong as steel to control my diabetes, not it control me.

All that in eight days - congratulations Defren :clap: - Imagine what you can achieve in the next week/month/year/years :D

Boblee

I was diagnosed yesterday by the practise nurse and see my Doctor this coming Monday. All this started after having my ears syringed. I took a blood pressure test which was a bit high leading to other, after fast, tests of blood and urine. So in a short space of days I am here. I will not lie. I was badly shaken and worried.
A long term diabetic in my local has put my mind to rest a bit last night. Now I'm scrabbling around trying to see how things will change and what is what. I do know I will have to start excercise and change my diet.
On top of this my cholesterol is high with a trig reading of 7. I put the symptoms down to age or the dry office. Tired and lethargic. Sometimes thirsty after eating.
Well here I am ! Hello to all.

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
Hi Boblee and welcome to the forum. Have a look at this link - you should find it very helpful to get started. Ask as many questions as you like as we are all here to help.

viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=20&t=17088

Defren

Boblee said:
I was diagnosed yesterday by the practise nurse and see my Doctor this coming Monday. All this started after having my ears syringed. I took a blood pressure test which was a bit high leading to other, after fast, tests of blood and urine. So in a short space of days I am here. I will not lie. I was badly shaken and worried.
A long term diabetic in my local has put my mind to rest a bit last night. Now I'm scrabbling around trying to see how things will change and what is what. I do know I will have to start excercise and change my diet.
On top of this my cholesterol is high with a trig reading of 7. I put the symptoms down to age or the dry office. Tired and lethargic. Sometimes thirsty after eating.
Well here I am ! Hello to all.

Hello Boblee and welcome to the forum. My cholesterol was also high and I am on Statins. Perhaps not a brilliant long term solution, but for the here and now I am fine taking them, but my long term goal is to control my cholesterol myself. If my post has helped you, even in a very small way, then it's purpose has been done. Good luck, a diabetes diagnosis is a real shock, but it needn't be the end of the world.