Schools

paigerobbo_x

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
I’ve had a lot of problems at my school recently. I’m not going to go into detail but basically because of this it’s lead to me moving schools. Right now it’s the ninth of December and I still haven’t told my friends (I’m moving after Christmas). Stress is building up and I’m getting really bad anxiety. This is causing my vision to go all over the place, and my blood is going higher and higher constantly. Does anyone know how I can stop this. I hate everything about it. I just want to leave now and forget about it all....
Thanks x

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Talking about things is the best way Ive found for helping with stress and anxiety even if its quite uncomfortable to do
Is there an adult that you trust at the school who could help you let the people that you want to tell know whats going on? Is there one friend who could help?
Are you able to talk to your mum / dad / brothers and sisters / grandparents etc about how you feel about the change of school? - change almost always gives us some mixed feelings

W.bubble13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Boo1979, Talking about things is the best way Ive found for helping with stress and anxiety even if its quite uncomfortable to do
Is there an adult that you trust at the school who could help you let the people that you want to tell know whats going on? Is there one friend who could help?
Are you able to talk to your mum / dad / brothers and sisters / grandparents etc about how you feel about the change of school? - change almost always gives us some mixed feelings

Boo1979 is right talking about feelings is a good way for helping stress and anxiety. If you do have someone you really trust then try and talk to them.
Recent events in my school are the same and the teachers don’t really care.
But if you can talk to someone about the school move and your worried about telling your friends. I would suggest writing them letters explaining that your moving school or ask some advice from an adult or someone you trust

Fell free to message me ant time xx

leahkian

If these people are your real friends then you should be able to tell them why don't you have a word with your mam and dad and see if you could invite them over and tell them all together with your parents there. Some might be shocked or upset but they must have an idea of why you are moving and now with texting, email and snapchat you can all still keep in touch. The stress you are having may be leaving your friends and also going to a new school my daughter moved after year 7 and went to a school where she only new 1 person and now she has loads of friends and is also doing well in her classwork. Some schools have a better understanding of diabetes than others its a lucky dip, when i went to school in olden times i was the only diabetic in a school of over 1200 students but my head of house was great with me then they changed it a round but i still went to him when i was not feeling well. So when you start your new school see if there is a teacher who you like and trust and then if you have any problems you can go to that teacher. Good luck in your new school and relax it will soon be xmas.

22nw22

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi.
I’ve had a lot of problems at my school recently. I’m not going to go into detail but basically because of this it’s lead to me moving schools. Right now it’s the ninth of December and I still haven’t told my friends (I’m moving after Christmas). Stress is building up and I’m getting really bad anxiety. This is causing my vision to go all over the place, and my blood is going higher and higher constantly. Does anyone know how I can stop this. I hate everything about it. I just want to leave now and forget about it all....
Thanks x

It would help if you actually said it so you get less stressed.