SD Codefree Strips - Batch ending 44

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of my differentials have been over 1 but I'm opting for .5 as a not too overestimating difference adjustment - when the strips need adjusting!!!
Obviously your levels may have nudged upwards with the infection, so a few days r and r to get over it is in order before trying to work out what is your own adjustment. If it were me I'd be ordering 5 pots with the explicit instruction that they must be checked in boxes and not batch ending in 44 then you can do some match testing too.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey AndBreathe, those readings are so high for you. Fingers crossed the virus goes quickly. Dose yourself up and take care.

Reactions: 2 people

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So far today, the average difference over 6 tests has been 0.6 as follows:

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some of my differentials have been over 1 but I'm opting for .5 as a not too overestimating difference adjustment - when the strips need adjusting!!!
Obviously your levels may have nudged upwards with the infection, so a few days r and r to get over it is in order before trying to work out what is your own adjustment. If it were me I'd be ordering 5 pots with the explicit instruction that they must be checked in boxes and not batch ending in 44 then you can do some match testing too.

Well, ordering anything from where I am is not not really an attractive proposition, so I do have to think about how I manage this, as I do believe that even with my willpower (which is legendary on Planet Breathe), I believe testing keeps me in check.

Reactions: 3 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Blimey AndBreathe, those readings are so high for you. Fingers crossed the virus goes quickly. Dose yourself up and take care.

Yes, they're utterly bonkers for me, although I'm unsure how much is the impact of the technicolour features. I've not had anything like this since diagnosis, or for a very long time. It'll pass though, then I'll start again.

Reactions: 4 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can you ask someone to order for you and post them to you? Would that work?

The postal service is incredibly unreliable. To the extent that we have something coming, by FedEx, value £2.54, including VAT, but costing £110 to ship. In this instance, the supplier is paying that as it is his error that means we need it. He did squirm a bit when we insisted. :inpain: But, that should be here by next week.

There are always people coming out, but everyone seems to use their baggage allowances; naturally enough. I'll work something out.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Tuesday's experiment results.

The average difference was the same as Monday

13 separate tests. 7 of which were the same or very similar, 6 were above 0.5 higher, 1 was 1mmol/l higher

Average on Accu chek 6.3
Average on Codefree 6.7
Difference 0.4

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

LOL Just done another test with Accu chek - got 7.2/5.3/6.2 Codefree was 6.6 :hilarious:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think that's the the sort of figure I'm working to- some are within 0.2mmol/l but most are 0.5mmol/l higher than my other Codefree strips and some re just ***, if you pardon my French.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So, I think I’m feeling well enough to re-join the fray on the fasting levels. Things on the infection front seem to be moderating with technicolour nature now more on the Kelly Hoppen palette than Andy Warhole. Following a lazy day yesterday and a decent night’s sleep the world seems like a more agreeable place.

On here, I’ll report actual scores, and add where I feel there could be an anomaly for batch 44. With the scale of this, I don’t have enough strips for my other meter to make too many validations, so I just need to crack on. Where I know a strip is well off (very trusted meal and no other factors in play), I will consider recording with a factor of 0.5, adding a note. It’s as good as I can get really. But, I won’t be adjusting anything that falls within my usual ranges, even if at the higher levels. I’m hoping that might end up evening things out a bit.

I’ll do this for several days, then provided my findings are consistent to my pre-illness findings, I will contact Home-Health. I really don’t expect them to do anything about it, and from past experience, they would only really countenance deeper discussions where the meter/strips had been validated by use of control solutions, which I neither have here, not do I have easy access. But, I feel this breadth of disquiet needs some comment.

I would ask others to consider a similar approach, providing documentary evidence of scores, usual averages and batch 44 influenced averages, as one mad woman emailing from the other side of the world is never going to hold much sway.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you are feeling almost normal again AB.

I have spent some time comparing previous 3 day averages from December and January on other batch numbers with my last 3 days averages on batch 44, being very careful to compare only like with like, discarding random readings etc.

It seems batch 44 has thrown up nothing different from normal averages, and as I did no re-testing during the last 3 days I accepted any abnormal reading.
My previous averages on other batches over 4 different 3 day periods were 6.4, 6.2, 6.2, and 6.2.
My 3 days with batch 44 was 6.3.
Make of it what you will, but it seems the actual averages over a few days is just the same, despite the silly outliers.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When it works batch 44 is pretty much the same as any other of the batches I've used recently. It's just every so often it throws a really daft reading out or is .5 mMol/l higher when I test it against my other two batches. It's not consistent in being inconsistent which is even more annoying than being inconsistent. This morning I was 7 on fasting using it then I retested twice with it and I was 6.1 and 6. Not far out but enough.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
I have not been able to test for two days (felt really out of control) due to delayed delivery of new strips. They arrived today and are all (3 tubs) batch 44. I will continue testing ans see what happens.

Interesting feedback from Bluetit and Cold Ethyl, thank you.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not been able to test for two days (felt really out of control) due to delayed delivery of new strips. They arrived today and are all (3 tubs) batch 44. I will continue testing ans see what happens.

Interesting feedback from Bluetit and Cold Ethyl, thank you.

I'll be interested to see how you get along. Just be prepared for the odd, "What?!!?" moment.

I don't know which you bought your strips from, but if you buy directly from Home-Health, you can have a discount for 5 boxes. It brings them down from just under £7 a pot to just over £5, or pretty much the 5th pot free. If you can stretch to it, it's worthwhile. The same percentage discount applies to 10 pots too.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I get them from Home Health and usually buy three at a time. It looked as if it didn't make any difference whether I bought one or ten! Bother! That's the fourth lot of three!

Thank you for the heads up, AndBreathe. Do you need a discount code?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I get them from Home Health and usually buy three at a time. It looked as if it didn't make any difference whether I bought one or ten! Bother! That's the fourth lot of three!

Thank you for the heads up, AndBreathe. Do you need a discount code?

You should find a sticky label on the top or bottom of the box, with it on? You apply that at the checkout and it recalculates the price at that point.

The label says:

5 packs: 264086
10 packs: 975833

I keep a photo of the label on my phone, then I always know where to find it.

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Oh is THAT what the label,is all about?! Doh!

Thank you so much!

EDIT: Just been to buy some more and wow!!! £17+ saving on 10 pots! That's made my day -and night! AndBreathe, you are my hero! Thank you, too, Bluetit!

Last edited by a moderator: