Lorraine1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Couldn't say, never had seaweed. I'm intrigued now as to what it's like x

D

Deleted member 308541

has any of you tried seaweed as a substitute for pasta , and if is it a fine substitute
I cannot imagine anything being a substitute for pasta, seaweed has iodine in it so I think you would have to bomb it up with garlic to take the taste away.

I have given pasta away, we just make the bolognaise sauce thicker and put mashed up jaradale pumpkin on top then brown it off in the oven. So a mix between spag bol and shepherds pie.

Reactions: aj78

Sam5350

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
never tried it sorry, I have been recommended the pasta made from peas though.

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I tried the mung bean pasta and did not like it. It has the texture of wet shredded cardboard.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've eaten seaweed on few occasions..
To be quite frank? I've never known how to bolts for it. Sort of treating it like broccoli? Lol, wheather that's right or wrong!?!

I ruddy enjoyed it though!

debbiedoodles

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @ freema
Have you tried the konjac noodles instead of pasta? Or spiralised courgette or squash? They are the nearest replacements I have found. I think konjac are more rubbery but bearable. You need to find de the liquid off really well though

Reactions: aj78

Ann1982

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I make courgetti and use it instead for spaghetti Bol and just very finely sliced courgettes instead of lasagna sheets. Really tasty.