Self isolating

Davel27

Hi, I am 66, have type 2 and am self isolating as per Government advice. My partner works in a large Tesco store, should she be isolating as well for my protection?

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Government advice is social distancing for diabetics not self isolation - two slightly different things unless its changed recently.

From what im told, true self isolation letters will be sent out on Monday - so we will be included in this or not. In the mean time you can only do what you think is right and what his work will permit.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...n-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people

Gov website gives the direct message - most other things come from news outlets or interviews with various health professionals who may or may not have the right end of the stick.

To answer your last question that is a matter of choice and depends on your wife's terms and conditions. At my workplace if i didn't come into work to isolate for my wife (unless she has corona) then its holiday or un-paid leave. There is not sick pay for isolating for some one else unless your business is extremely gererous. \Even then it would only apply if your following government advice and not going beyond it.