Semaglutide

Nick4344

I have type 2 with a HBA1c of 63.

I have been on Dapagliflozin for a few months, and more recently the GP put me on Semaglutide alongside the Dapagliflozin.

I started the Semaglutide at 2mg, then 4mg and I’m now on the maximum dose of 14mg, which started this week. The Brand I am using appears to be Rybelsus and is in tablet format.

I saw the news yesterday that Semaglutide is now available on the NHS for treating obesity with a dose of 2.4mg injected. There were 2 brands mentioned, neither is the brand I am using.

Does the dose differ significantly between injection and tablet form? I’m on 14mg tablet versus 2.4mg that is suggested for the injection?

Also I’m curious as to why my brand wasn’t one of the ones mentioned yesterday, and which I’ve been using before the NHS announcement yesterday. Presumably different uses?

Thanks.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw the news yesterday that Semaglutide is now available on the NHS for treating obesity with a dose of 2.4mg injected. There …
You’ve answered your own question, the announcement yesterday was for treatment of obesity alone. The drugs themselves including the one your on are already available for the treatment of diabetes.

Reactions: Moggy1968

James13

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's the semaglutide injection branded as Wegovy that's going to be used for morbidly obese people. Rybelsus is the tablet form of semaglutide and Ozempic is the injectable form, both for people with T2. I'm currently on Rybelsus 14mg, which helps my blood sugar but doesn't help me lose weight. I have a GP appointment in a couple of weeks to ask to switch to Wegovy as my BMI is currently 36.9 and my HbA1c is 56.