Serious Pig snacks

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Discovered Serious Pig snacks today.

Pretty tasty, £2 a bag. Saw them in a Cook shop while stocking up on the Red Thai Chicken curry :)

Would buy again. Just wish Costa etc stocked snacks like this - found myself in there this morning looking at carb hell!

7378967A-1A16-4A68-A7C1-53A039E99E50.jpeg

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree Costa is low carb hell but I am not sure pork snacks go with coffee. What could I have when my wife is munching a muffin or a flapjack?

Reactions: Freema

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree Costa is low carb hell but I am not sure pork snacks go with coffee. What could I have when my wife is munching a muffin or a flapjack?

I agree - clutching at straws ..... I sometimes have the biscotti in Costa. I just eat one (throw the other away!) and it is only 10g of carbs which I can cope with.

If I don’t get rid of the other one I’ll end up eating it :))

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not that crunchy - a bit like cut chorizo with a bit of flavouring. Not sure I’d hunt them, and probably prefer scratchings but other low carb options are good to know!

Are those gluten-free Penfold? So many of them have gluten in the seasoning.

As you mention chorizo, have you tried the M&S chorizo crisps? They're delicious and very easy to replicate at home..

PenfoldAPD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Are those gluten-free Penfold? So many of them have gluten in the seasoning.

As you mention chorizo, have you tried the M&S chorizo crisps? They're delicious and very easy to replicate at home..

Not sure about GF, sorry ... bag gone now.

Loving those M&S Chorizo crisps though - nice new product. And better than their pork crackling ones which I find have a strange flavour

Reactions: Freema

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure about GF, sorry ... bag gone now.

Loving those M&S Chorizo crisps though - nice new product. And better than their pork crackling ones which I find have a strange flavour

Likewise, I prefer than to the crackling ones.

If you fancy replicating them at home, it's super-easy.

Take chorizo very thing slices (mine are in a pack 100gr for around £1). Place on a microwaveable plate, on top of kitchen rolls. Microwave on you highest setting for around 40/50 seconds.

Remove and turn the slices over (they are very hot at this point) and repeat the process, until the crisps are,.... erm, crispy. In our 1000w micro 1 minute 13 seconds is about right, but clearly timings will depend on the actual micro

Cool and eat.

I'd say the 100gr in the package makes the equivalent of 2 M&S packs. In this hacienda, the chorizo in the pack doesn't taunt me in the same way the M&S ready made packs do.

D

Deleted member 308541

Mmmmm! Extra pig pork crackling done in the barbecue with the pork roast, basted with garlicky oil mix. :D

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
When I go out for coffee I often have a hardboiled egg if I want a snack. I've usually got one or two in my bag for just such a scenario. Haven't been challenged as yet - either in Costa or elsewhere - and with eggs being a classic breakfast item I find they go jolly well with coffee! Mr S has learned to limit his eye-rolling (albeit not his cake consumption)...!
:)

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Just like to say 'made' some chorizo crisps, but I made a mistake - blinking daughter loves them too so I'm going to have to make twice as much as want! :p

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just like to say 'made' some chorizo crisps, but I made a mistake - blinking daughter loves them too so I'm going to have to make twice as much as want! :p

They're so easy, aren't they?

I have a cunning plan to make some Pringles shape, when I can find something suitable to manage the curve, when use then with dips.

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
They're so easy, aren't they?

I have a cunning plan to make some Pringles shape, when I can find something suitable to manage the curve, when use then with dips.

They're too easy to make!

let me know when you find something suitable!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They're too easy to make!

let me know when you find something suitable!

I'm going to try with something like this first. It's an upturned ceramic egg box, for storing eggs on the kitchen work top. Mine doesn't say it's microwave safe, but it is dishwasher safe, so I'll give it a go with a few slices first.

Like this image, mine holds 12 eggs, and I reckon with the shape, and natural fat run off, the kitchen roll would be under the crate, rather then the chorizo.

Apologies, @PenfoldAPD . I seem to be well and truly derailing your thread. :S

Attachments

• Upturned egg crate.jpg
    Upturned egg crate.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 140

slip

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
think you'll just end up with mini cup cake shapes (now theres a thought.....baked cheese and chorizo cupcake!), may be a tube of some kind, you'd get the 'roll' but not the slight bend/dip......

How do you describe the shape of a Pringle?

@PenfoldAPD apologies also ;)

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm going to try with something like this first. It's an upturned ceramic egg box, for storing eggs on the kitchen work top. Mine doesn't say it's microwave safe, but it is dishwasher safe, so I'll give it a go with a few slices first.

Like this image, mine holds 12 eggs, and I reckon with the shape, and natural fat run off, the kitchen roll would be under the crate, rather then the chorizo.

Apologies, @PenfoldAPD . I seem to be well and truly derailing your thread. :S
or drape them over a rolling pin?