Type 2 Severe leg cramps

markgiddings

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @Mark burch
Thanks for posting this question. I have exactly same problem since few days and wanted to find out why and what to do about it. This has helped me a lot. Basically I am T2 since last 5/6 years,.mostly managed by diet and Metformin, but in June I had pancreatitis and for some reason while in the hospital the nurses put me on insulin, I assume this was due to Nil-by-mouth routine treatment for pancreatitis, anyways long story short, I where into kitoacidosis while being in the hospital and lost almost all the fat and muscles, on the top of this I was discharged just with protein shakes and enzymes along with insulin without any firm dosage given to me. I managed to find the right insulin dose which kept my sugar within range but for last few days I have been getting cramps on calfs and it's getting worse day by day. I started walking, slowly but surely I am now able to walk around 200meters since last 4 days without getting exhausted but cramps aren't helping. Any advice is helpful

Zee
Hi Zee ……. Regret not an expert on those conditions …….. but what I WILL say is to keep up the exercise …….. it’s not just good for heart & lungs but moves your precious Lymph fluid around the body ( & reportable you have more lymph fluid than blood !!!) it does an essential job of filtering out any ‘bad guys’ …….. let alone the psycho benefits.