Sharps bin for Holidays

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi All
Type 2 and Started on Insulin(Lantus) about a week ago so very new to all this. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone has a link to a small sharps bin that can take a Lantus pen needle, I got issued with one from doctors but it is way too big and the Lantus needles would not actually fit as the hole is too small. I've been looking on Amazon but most comments left on there say bins do not have big enough hole for the lantus needles. So does anyone use a small sharps bin that takes these needles that can point me in the right direction please.
Many Thanks
Brian

JMK1954

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have never bothered with a tiny sharps bin for holidays. Pen needles /lancets will fit into a strong plastic box or tin. You may have something of a suitable size in your kitchen. When I get back, I just empty the stuff into the sharps bin at home.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It never occurred to me to just take any old plastic container and just transfer them on return, Thanks Daibell and JMK1954 for pointing out the obvious, This insulin must be effecting my ability to think lol

MommaE

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’ve found the BD safe needle clip to be useful. Also, if your holiday travels take you through airports you’ll find that many have needle disposal boxes on a wall in the bathrooms.
enjoy your holiday.

• Informative
Reactions: jjraak and brianb

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I just take a small plastic tub with lid then put them in your box when you get home