Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Mine is on repeat prescription, once it's full I take it to reception at my gp surgery, they insist that I sign the pharmacy label before handing over.

cathie51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
I don't have sharps bin was told by my DN to put them in a cardboard box and when it was full put it in the general waste bin. Granted it is only needles for my pen and not syringes but it still feel so wrong.

Westie2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Netty a pharmacy can only accept sharps bins if they have a disposal contract and not many areas support this, unless they provide a needle exchange service, which will include disposal. Consequently the council should be contacted first as personal health care waste disposal is part of their responsibilities.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

spaceman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
MY GP surgery takes my full sharps container and gives me a new one,

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
cathie51 said:
I don't have sharps bin was told by my DN to put them in a cardboard box and when it was full put it in the general waste bin. Granted it is only needles for my pen and not syringes but it still feel so wrong.

That is unbelievable! Mine issued a needle clipper and a sharps bin straight away

paul-1976

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dishonesty
GP surgery with mine,I just have to sign and date the label and it's job done! :D