she says get over it!!

MadameHope

Dislikes
MY FRICKING DIABETES, rudeness, obnoxiousness and just being a plain old douche !
Hey been on here for a while but haven't posted anything for over a year so my bad =/

I've struggled in the past with my T1 diabetes an still currently am.
Last year I did undergo counselling for depression and anxiety and it has helped but when it comes to the mear mention of my diabetes. Jaw clenches attitude changes and i tend to snap back

Feeling fed up my mum asked what was the matter so decided to tell her that I was sick of stabbing my fingers an jabbing at arms, legs and stomach every time I eat something.

Her reply was there are alot of people bending over backwards to help and all I'm doing is snapping back at them

Don't get me wrong I'm fully aware that this is a part of my life i know has to be controlled and looked after but does anyone else feel like screaming "OH FOR SAKE STOP HASSLING ME ABOUT THIS AND LET ME FEEL NORMAL FOR A SECOND WITHOUT HAVING TO BE REMINDED I HAVE DIABETES"

sorry for the spelling guys not the best with grammar and punctuation haha

So yeah if someone out there feels the same would be great to hear from you

MadameHope

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi, did feel like u a couple of weeks ago ref a previous post I made. Eventually talked about it with my dsn and was given some anti ds tabs. Have to say they have recently started to kick in and feel alot better after having them. Like u I also got fed up of continually injecting for foods so am awaiting a pump which I have been approved for. I know it will be in me constantly but would rather this than the daily 4 to 6 injections a day. Is this something you have considered? We all have off days sometimes weeks just have to get the help when needed. Sometimes a good rant on here helps. Your not alone and hopefully you will feel better soon :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

MadameHope

Dislikes
MY FRICKING DIABETES, rudeness, obnoxiousness and just being a plain old douche !
Hey Brett

Thanks for your reply

Glad to hear your feeling better and you are right letting a good rant out here has helped even though the rant with my mum was just a few hours ago ranting on here an talking to a few friends I have who are also T1D has helped me calm down and realise I'm not alone :)

As for the pump I have considered it from time to time but as far as my knowledge goes with pumps if I was fitted with one would mean more b.m testing an if I was to dislodge the tubing I'm at greater risk of DKA and already having DKA 3 times its a risk I don't want to take

But I have heard the pro's are fantastic hence why I have thought about it. May discuss it with my DNS at my next app and tell her I'm still struggling now and again :)

MadameHope x