Shoe Size

Charlottee

hello!

In the past I was around 75kg and most UK8 shoes were fitting fine.
The few last years I am 110kg and most UK8 shoes feel extremely tight.

Is this due to the weight gained? If I lose weight I will revert this?
Or it is due to ageing?

thanks!

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
I found when I list weight, I have a smaller shoe size.
When I did put alot of weight on, my shoe size went up

Enclave

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a shoe size 11 .. when i was at my heaviest they were tight .. 6st lost and they fit comfortable

Energize

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think, as you get older, your feet tend to 'spread' a bit anyway but, yes, I agree weight will play a big part as some of the extra fat will settle in the foot too, just like it settles in other parts of the body. ;)

chalup

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
When I lost 100+ lbs I lost 2 shoe sizes. I have gained a lot of that back but only went back up 1 size. Am now losing it again and I guess I will see what happens.

jay hay-char

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight probably has a bearing but I reckon age has more. I have gone up 1/2 a UK shoe size since I was a young man, but I suspect that's been offset a bit by the fact that I am (and I hope, will remain) about 4 stone lighter than I was at my worst.

Like clothes sizes, I suspect that shoe sizes - and width, in particular - can vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. I tend to go for whatever feels the best fitting and most comfortable, rather than the size printed on the side of the box.

lynn007

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
animal abuse
size 4 and always have been and put on quite a bit of weight.Think related to giving up smoking but I promised myself I would never smoke again and use weight issues as an excuse to go back...so still small feet and thin legs though the rest of the body is becoming like a walking tent:(