Should cyclists pay road tax?

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pasta, sorry to me it's vile, yeuch lol (and full of nasty carbs)
Well lets just say they pass a law so that cyclists have plates and insurance, bet you in the not so distant future people will have a microchip implanted and a barcode on them so they will end up in some govt database so we can all be monitored never mind the traffic.

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
So stringent you are lol, mod job for you soon lol ;):)

poohtiggy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Getting old and diabetese
Did I open a can of worms eh??!!! When I wrote my original post I asked if it was fair that drivers had to to have insurance and not cyclists. The point being that although a cyclist could bump into me, causing some damage to my car, I have no way of securing payment for repairs, whereas if I bumped into a cyclist he will claim on my insurance policy. I think it unfair that this is one sided in favour of the cyclist, some and I repeat some of whom cause accidents with their recklessness. I drive a low emission car with tax of £35 have been driving for almost 50 years and have never had an accident, a parking fine or a speeding ticket which shows that there are drivers who abide by the rules, consider pedestrians, cycles, motorbikes and the pollution issue. I just think it so unfair that they can make a claim but a motorist can't.
I only use a Kindle and do not know how to set a poll but I do feel the thread I opened has gone a little way from the original question. It's been intresting reading all the posts though

Reactions: 2 people

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Did I open a can of worms eh??!!! When I wrote my original post I asked if it was fair that drivers had to to have insurance and not cyclists. The point being that although a cyclist could bump into me, causing some damage to my car, I have no way of securing payment for repairs, whereas if I bumped into a cyclist he will claim on my insurance policy. I think it unfair that this is one sided in favour of the cyclist, some and I repeat some of whom cause accidents with their recklessness. I drive a low emission car with tax of £35 have been driving for almost 50 years and have never had an accident, a parking fine or a speeding ticket which shows that there are drivers who abide by the rules, consider pedestrians, cycles, motorbikes and the pollution issue. I just think it so unfair that they can make a claim but a motorist can't.
I only use a Kindle and do not know how to set a poll but I do feel the thread I opened has gone a little way from the original question. It's been intresting reading all the posts though
No can of worms, I like all people's opinions even if they are counter to mine's that's free speech for you. :);)

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
On yer bike!!!

eddie1968

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Pooh, pedestrians and horses are road users too, so if you hit them too do we all have to be insured ?

Mike d

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
idiots who will not learn
this may have been mentioned, but road tax is based on carbon emissions, so cyclists wouldn't/shouldn't need to pay anything......
Yes it has been mentioned ... but that applies in the UK, not in OZ, hence my belief they should pay

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pooh, pedestrians and horses are road users too, so if you hit them too do we all have to be insured ?
The question was if they hit you. So yes, if for instance your car was parked legally and safely and a horse got spooked and damaged it, why shouldn't the rider have insurance to pay for the damage?