Should I be concerned ?

Hello, I am 20 years old. Fit and well. Now, few month ago if I got hungry I got say, the shakes, the sweats, feeling faint. I would do my blood sugar and it'll be in the 5/4's.
Anyways. For the last two weeks. EVERY DAY I've been taking bad. Even after a days eating. Breakfast and dinner. All of a sudden my eyes will feel faint. I get extreme bad shakes and on two attacks the last week I've got that bad I've felt so sick that I've physically been sick. Took my blood sugar straight away and it's 4.2. Just took it again half an hour after eating and it's 4.5. can someone help. Any ideas? Does it sound like diabetics or would you say it's something else. It's literally happening every day even when I've ate and don't even feel hungry. Getting concerned. Thanks in advance x

SugarDaddy91

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wasps. Terrified of wasps. And retinopathy.
Doesn't seem diabetic to me, really. Could be a digestive problem. Does it come after you eat anything special? Got any pain in your chest or stomach? Have you taken your pulse or blood pressure when this happens?

Doesn't seem diabetic to me, really. Could be a digestive problem. Does it come after you eat anything special? Got any pain in your chest or stomach? Have you taken your pulse or blood pressure when this happens?

Nothing at all I don't get any symptoms before hand. All of a sudden I get extremely shaky. I can't physically do anything. I had to stop driving the other day. I feel faint. Then now I do my blood sugar and it's never above 4.2! I've booked a doctors appointment but not until next week and I just don't know how to prevent it because I never know when it's going to happen :( x

D

Deleted Account

Doesn't sound like diabetes.
Diabetes causes your blood sugars to rise not fall.

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nothing at all I don't get any symptoms before hand. All of a sudden I get extremely shaky. I can't physically do anything. I had to stop driving the other day. I feel faint. Then now I do my blood sugar and it's never above 4.2! I've booked a doctors appointment but not until next week and I just don't know how to prevent it because I never know when it's going to happen :( x

Diabetes is high blood sugar. A blood sugar of 4.2 is normal.

But you should definitely see a doctor so that you can find out what's causing this. There could be any number of causes. A doctor can run some basic tests for you.

You've said you don't know when these 'attacks' are going to happen. It would be very wise not to drive until you've got answers and got them sorted.

david1241

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
doctors and dentists.I would not be rude to any.Also i don't like being taken for granted.
Hello,I used to get these exact episodes,feeling weak drained of energy,sweating profusely etc.I was in my late 20s early 30s.I never got around to telling my doctor.I put it down to being put on the blood pressure drug Atenolol.Eventaully it cleared up on it's own.It sounds like you are having hypos.I used carry Mars bars and eat one of those if i felt it coming I'd feel much better after about 30 mins.See your doctor if you are worried.I am now 72 years old and a former diabetic.

Sarabeth23

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I would say I went through the same thing. Everytime I felt like I was going down was how I described mine I would check my sugar and it was good. But I still felt terrible. I still don't have a clue what it was but I would say anxiety. I had a weird feeling in my chest like I was missing a nutrient. As it happened I had to think of how I felt to tell my Dr. It was very tough. She put me on Zoloft and after I was on their the other symptoms went away. But then I developed reactive hypoglycemia with it. Now I'm trying to figure that out. But the other feeling went away.

ringi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Try

Fast for at least 12 hr
Measure BG
Have a normal meal with some carbs
Measure BG every 10 minutes for the next 5 hours (or longer if the shakes don't start within 5hr.)

Don't delay seeing your GP to do the above, but by graphing the readings it may be clear what is going on.

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
It does sound like a panic/anxiety attack to me but whatever is causing your symptoms is impacting on your ability to function normally so it would be wise to take notes of exactly what happens during and after an episode and show them to your gp. Good luck.