Should I split bolus for McDonald's?

anouser1

Hey all. Thinking of getting McDonald's later (would get chicken strips and chips). But obviously McDonalds is really high in fat. Should I split the bolus? Obviously it's not an exact science for everyone, but would it be recommended?

porl69

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Stupid people
Hey all. Thinking of getting McDonald's later (would get chicken strips and chips). But obviously McDonalds is really high in fat. Should I split the bolus? Obviously it's not an exact science for everyone, but would it be recommended?

I have never split bolused for a McDonalds....BUT only you can answer that oone

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
I’m like porl69 I just take as normal and just get it down my neck , saying that not had a Mac Donald s for ages , I prefer a Bk spicy bean burger , but as I’m on a health kick at the mo I’ve not had one of them for ages either , oh the sheltered life I lead lol.
The only thing I do is take my fast acting insulin about an hour and a half AFTER I’ve eaten Spaghetti Bolognese, but that’s just me it’s an individual thing totally blood sugar dependant but as many here will tell u pasta has a tendency to up your sugars later than u expect ....

Reactions: porl69

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hello @anouser1 from a personal point of view I wouldn't split a bolus on it, for foods like pizza and curry then yes I would, however it's what works for you, so try it without and if this doesn't work then next time you'll know, let us know how you get on ?

anouser1

Thanks for all the help everyone, much appreciated. I also have to split for pizza (which I got right perfectly on my first try the other day ) and spaghetti.

db89

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have done based on the amount of carbs ordered and/or whether it is rather high fat content. More upfront though.