Should I use extra vitamin supplements?

Chris701

Over the last couple of months, I've lost a ton of weight and I'm really happy with the way I look and with what I eat. However, lately I've started having headaches in the morning and evening and I'm pretty sure it is because of my new diet. I get many more vitamins in my body than I used to (I eat lots of fruits and vegetables).

I've lost about 16 pounds over the last 2 months using this diet [mod edit link removed] and I'm still on the same weight loss plan right now. My wife has been following the same diet and has no complaints whatsoever.

Do you think taking some extra vitamins will help? Or is it just my body going through some transition? You can understand that I don't want to give up my healthy lifestyle.

Help very much appreciated.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Entirely up to yourself Chris but if you are eating a healthy diet it may not be necessary, I would see your gp about the headaches and at the same time ask him/her if they think you should take extra vitamins.

Defren

Contentious issue and there is no right or wrong Chris. I take extra Vit E, D, D3, B12 and C. I also take extra calcium, Magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, selenium and boron (the last 7 in one tablet). I also take a range of health supplements that are meant to aid diabetic BG level. Others will say you don't need them with a healthy diet, so all down to personal choice.