Shoulder pain using FreeStyle Libre 2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor 3 times so far. The first time it was placed by a nurse and I had no trouble. The send time I placed it a little to the right of the last one and no pain. The third time my husband placed it and he put it high on my arm and more towards the back. A few days ago (3 days after he placed it) I started having severe shooting pain in my arm. Sometimes I could not use my arm because of the pain. Since I am having a CAT scan tomorrow morning, I had to take it off one day early. I was happily surprised that 20 minutes after I removed it, the pain went away and has not returned. Common sense tells me it was the placement of the sensor so high up and towards the back of my arm. Has anyone else encountered shoulder pain?

ATB123

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I have used the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor 3 times so far. The first time it was placed by a nurse and I had no trouble. The send time I placed it a little to the right of the last one and no pain. The third time my husband placed it and he put it high on my arm and more towards the back. A few days ago (3 days after he placed it) I started having severe shooting pain in my arm. Sometimes I could not use my arm because of the pain. Since I am having a CAT scan tomorrow morning, I had to take it off one day early. I was happily surprised that 20 minutes after I removed it, the pain went away and has not returned. Common sense tells me it was the placement of the sensor so high up and towards the back of my arm. Has anyone else encountered shoulder pain?
No actual pain, sometimes a bit more uncomfortable. Now I flex my arm, look in the mirror and aim the centre of the Libre in the channel between the deltoid and triceps. That works well for me, and I've not had bleeding or discomfort since. I'm not sure if that would work if your arms are well padded, mine are a bit on the skinny side so it's easy to see the muscle definition?

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have used the FreeStyle Libre 2 sensor 3 times so far. The first time it was placed by a nurse and I had no trouble. The send time I placed it a little to the right of the last one and no pain. The third time my husband placed it and he put it high on my army and more towards the back. A few days ago (3 days after he placed it) I started having severe shooting pain in my arm. Sometimes I could not use my arm because of the pain. Since I am having a CAT scan tomorrow morning, I had to take it off one day early. I was happily surprised that 20 minutes after I removed it, the pain went away and has not returned. Common sense tells me it was the placement of the sensor so high up and towards the back of my arm. Has anyone else encountered shoulder pain?
Might not be appropriate, but I broke a shoulder blade
(Major accident, multiple fractures)

By no ways the worst of my injuries, (major surgeries to save my leg,)
but by far the most painful, as all the usual drugs etc didn't reach the pain it caused ( morphine, etc on which I was on a high dosage)

Turned Out To be the bursal sac, was the area of concern .

Amitriptyline zapped it asap.

Not too far a fetch to think the libre might have caused impact to the muscles or nerves surrounding it ?

I do hope your usual placement resolves the issue.

Last edited: