Shuggah App Garmin Watch Face

holdem

Hi i have the freestyle libre 2
I have downloaded the shuggah app which took some time. I realised i had to get rid of my alarms on my freestyle libre app to get this to "talk" to my sensor

I have a garmin watch an 260 approach

i can get the notifications from my phone to go to my watch which updates me when i get a change in bloods

ideally i would like a watch face on my garmin watch which has the current bloods on it.

I have downloaded one called nightscout but it says " setup required" does anyone know what i need to do and or does anyone have any garmin watch faces that work and any tips to get this to work
Regarding my iphone is there anyway to have any of the following... my blood levels on my lock screen

Does anyone else have any tips for the use of this app

Thanks in advance

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have downloaded the shuggah app which took some time. I realised i had to get rid of my alarms on my freestyle libre app to get this to "talk" to my sensor

i can get the notifications from my phone to go to my watch which updates me when i get a change in bloods

ideally i would like a watch face on my garmin watch which has the current bloods on it.

I have downloaded one called nightscout but it says " setup required" does anyone know what i need to do and or does anyone have any garmin watch faces that work and any tips to get this to work
Regarding my iphone is there anyway to have any of the following... my blood levels on my lock screen

Thanks in advance

I replied to your previous post but maybe you did not see.

I don’t know about garmin watches but this is how it works for Apple Watches.

To get values on Lock Screen of your iPhone set up a calendar item as per the link below and customise your Lock Screen to display calendar

Reactions: wendy2407

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve downloaded Shuggah too, whilst I wait for the troubles with Libre link to be sorted out. I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch and have managed to set everything so that with one tap on my watch face I can see my blood sugar level. (I did it by setting Shugga as one of the ‘complications’ on my watch face).

Edit for typo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Neximus

holdem

I replied to your previous post but maybe you did not see.

I don’t know about garmin watches but this is how it works for Apple Watches.

To get values on Lock Screen of your iPhone set up a calendar item as per the link below and customise your Lock Screen to display calendar

hi thanks i did see this but thought was for just for the iwatch which i dont have.

regarding the home screen i have set up "create calendar events" to on
it then says what calendar to use?

i dont really use calendars at all but some how my work pc is now flashing up reminders every minute of my bloods

and i cant quite fathom out how to set up a calendar on my lock screen on iphone

thank you so much for your help so far any more would be gratefully recieved

thanks

holdem

omg ive cracked it

ive added a new calendar called diabetes

ive gone to wallpaper in my iphone and customised my lock page

THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE OF YOU

I cant believe a day that started in mad panic ends with something that is amazing.

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH

drahawkins_1973

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I guess it depends on what iOS you are on.

For me, I go to the Lock Screen, press the screen and hold and a customise button for Home Screen and wallpaper appears. You can then add widgets to the Home Screen and you can choose calendar.

I hope that helps, sorry if it’s not possible on your iOS. Good luck!

Maybe someone a bit more savvy can help if that doesn’t work

holdem

thank you so much
ive got it on my lock screen now
it only allows me the reading and the direction of the bloods

i am trying now to see if i can make it larger font as it is tiny and it will be hard to see in the night.

have nay of you managed this and or how to get the graph on your lock screen too

thanks

holdem

Now i also need to work out what garmin watch face i need and how to set it up i think i need to know about an url or something but this is way above my moderate brain level!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Thanks in advance
Readings pop up on my iPhone screen (whether it’s locked or not) long enough for me to see at the same time they pop up on garmin watch

• Agree
Reactions: Rachox

holdem

Readings pop up on my iPhone screen (whether it’s locked or not) long enough for me to see at the same time they pop up on garmin watch
thank you for your help today
i really appreciate it.
i will update if i can find any new news on garmin watch faces

id love an apple watch but i am not a fan of having to charge them every night if i could do it once every 10 days or so would be nicer

• Agree
Reactions: Mrs HJG

Neximus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’ve downloaded Shuggah too, whilst I wait for the troubles with Libre link to be sorted out. I have an iPhone and an Apple Watch and have managed to set everything so that with one tap on my watch face I can see my blood sugar level. (I did it by setting Shugga as one of the ‘complications’ on my watch face).

Edit for typo.

I’ve done the same during the Libre 2 issues last week. I really like Shuggah and seeing blood sugar on Apple Watch is great. My only uncertainty is whether my DSN will be happy as she likes to see my blood sugars when we speak on the phone and my Libre 2s are on prescription. Might they refuse to prescribe if I stick with Shuggah?

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’ve done the same during the Libre 2 issues last week. I really like Shuggah and seeing blood sugar on Apple Watch is great. My only uncertainty is whether my DSN will be happy as she likes to see my blood sugars when we speak on the phone and my Libre 2s are on prescription. Might they refuse to prescribe if I stick with Shuggah?
I’m running both at the same time so hopefully won’t be a problem
As I understand it as long as libre alarms are turned off there isn’t a problem

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
May be just scan your Libre every eight hours to retain the info in Librelink and Libre View, would that work?

Edit for typo.

Last edited:

Lakeslover

May be just scan your Libre every eight hours to retain the info in Librelink and Libre Wiew, would that work?
Yes, that works as long as the Bluetooth connection to the libre app is turned off. I’ve had it running that way for over two years now.

• Agree
Reactions: Rachox

prestonmike1

I never knew this could be done with the libre2 system, I've spent the afternoon setting up the shuggah app and nightscout so i can view my levels on my Garmin watch and Edge cycling computer, wish i'd known about this sooner!
If only Abbott created a native Garmin app rather than having to setup nightscout, but it all looks good so far

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Has anyone left their iPhone far enough away to lose Bluetooth connection with their sensor? Does it just reconnect when you are close enough again whilst using Shugga. It took me a while to get it to pair when I first set it up!

holdem

I wonder if we still need to scan for dvla reasons. I always scan before driving historically as I know you are not insured if you don’t every so many hours etc.

I get the updates on my phone and watch but still hope someone can find a watch face for garmins that means I can turn the notifications off and just glance at the watch where my blood reading will be constantly.

I seem to find the calendar event situation a bit strange it will work periodically and then more likely than not say “no more events, your day is clear” am I doing something wrong,

Any tips gratefully received

Thanks

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I never knew this could be done with the libre2 system, I've spent the afternoon setting up the shuggah app and nightscout so i can view my levels on my Garmin watch and Edge cycling computer, wish i'd known about this sooner!
If only Abbott created a native Garmin app rather than having to setup nightscout, but it all looks good so far
Can you tell us please how to set up nightscout & link it to a garmin watch
Thanks

holdem

What settings do you have your interval on for your readings
If i have it on 1 min it drives me bonkers but do that if im somewhere im conscious i dont want to go low and worry.
I have it on 5 mins as a rule.

At night i have to turn it off notifications or else my watch lights up whilst trying to sleep.

The calendar event thing doesn't seem to work consistently on my home screen, i regularly get " no upcoming events" has anyone cracked how to get that to work consistently? thanks

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What settings do you have your interval on for your readings
If i have it on 1 min it drives me bonkers but do that if im somewhere im conscious i dont want to go low and worry.
I have it on 5 mins as a rule.

At night i have to turn it off notifications or else my watch lights up whilst trying to sleep.

The calendar event thing doesn't seem to work consistently on my home screen, i regularly get " no upcoming events" has anyone cracked how to get that to work consistently? thanks
I have mine set at 5 minute intervals & don’t change it overnight (doesn’t disturb me when I’m asleep)
I’ve just set up a calendar, not sure if it’ll work or not